• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Muse Visits! May

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Who’s swimsuits are they, Nigel.

The girl is for a start spectacular, but the suits themselves seem extraordinary and upscale!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Your daughter is so talented! I love those bold designs almost architectural designs. Did she go to Design school? What’s the story as these seem pretty damn sophisticated!

Who cuts and sews?

I guess there it’s no problem to give it to a jobber. How do you prevent them selling knock-offs through through the back door. IOW, will they be offered for 70% off by the West African guys on the bridges of Venice to the throngs of tourists hungry for bargains! They sell Hermès, Gucci and especially Yves St Laurent purses at 70 to 95% off!

Asher

Nigel Allan

Thanks Asher. It is her own brand but not all her own designs - some designs are bought from manufacturers as she doesnt have the volume to justify large runs yet. So not all designs are her own - the ones in these shots are though.
I think you can't be too precious about designs anyway as things get knocked off and you have to have new ones for next season anyway...the important thing is building a brand identity and customer base.

Asher Kelman

Thanks Asher. It is her own brand but not all her own designs - some designs are bought from manufacturers as she doesnt have the volume to justify large runs yet. So not all designs are her own - the ones in these shots are though.
I think you can't be too precious about designs anyway as things get knocked off and you have to have new ones for next season anyway...the important thing is building a brand identity and customer base.
Where are they cut and sewn? presumably Thailand?

Elegant designs that would perhaps sell here in Beverly Hills!

Well I’d have to ask the women around me!

Asher

The white one with the lace-up sides was the winner ♥️♥️

Nigel Allan

Where are they cut and sewn? presumably Thailand?

Elegant designs that would perhaps sell here in Beverly Hills!

Well I’d have to ask the women around me!

Asher

The white one with the lace-up sides was the winner ♥♥

Some of her own designs were from Thailand. Others are from China and we put her label on them. Yes they would sell in BH as they are not the same cuts as what are normally available. These are far more flattering cuts. Thank you for your kind words about the designs, but I was hoping for more feedback about the actual photography which is why I posted them here. Any tips or advice to improve the shots?

Asher Kelman

Some of her own designs were from Thailand. Others are from China and we put her label on them. Yes they would sell in BH as they are not the same cuts as what are normally available. These are far more flattering cuts. Thank you for your kind words about the designs, but I was hoping for more feedback about the actual photography which is why I posted them here. Any tips or advice to improve the shots?
Nigel,

My mind was diverted by the design beauty! I will start over shortly! Thanks for being direct

Asher

Asher Kelman

Tim,

Normally, I wouldn’t call out the issues I’d see when the pictures are so stunning and the models so captivating.

But being technical is appropriate and can be done!

I have spent some time intently ignoring the models’ beauty and lithe form, and instead looking at the images. I have questions about lighting. Did you use lights? I would have like illumination of the hair, especially in shots backlit by the sun! We also don’t see strong catch lights. Here I would want to almost overwhelm the sun so lighting is gentle all over the model.

This would illuminate the hair, prevent shadows on the thighs and give catchlights. For such models I use giant Mola Dishes or Octadome umbrellas.

Don’t tell me that’s what you used, LOL!

Asher

Nigel Allan

Nigel,

Normally, I wouldn’t call out the issues I’d see when the pictures are so stunning and the models so captivating.

But being technical is appropriate and can be done!

I have spent some time intently ignoring the models’ beauty and lithe form, and instead looking at the images. I have questions about lighting. Did you use lights? I would have like illumination of the hair, especially in shots backlit by the sun! We also don’t see strong catch lights. Here I would want to almost overwhelm the sun so lighting is gentle all over the model.

This would illuminate the hair, prevent shadows on the thighs and give catchlights. For such models I use giant Mola Dishes or Octadome umbrellas.

Don’t tell me that’s what you used, LOL!

Asher

No lighting was used...just me and my Nikon and sometimes used fill in flash.

I am very unknowledgable about lighting and wouldn't have carted it with me to Koh Tao anyway, which is an island that required a one hour flight and then a two hour ferry just to reach.... The best I might have taken is a reflector...but that's hard to hold yourself while standing in the sea and trying to shoot nice shots! I have no assistant and only one pair of hands

Asher Kelman

It won’t be long before cameras will self correct for shadows. We’re not there yet.

I love cloudy days for that reason! Early morning or later as the sun sets is for beauty shots!

Asher