• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Love Story: In Love! Adults, kids and all!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We can't help but feel joy when one sees a couple really into each other as if they are on a magic carpet ride!

_MG_8081_800.jpg

Asher Kelman: First Date?

Santa Monica

December 2013

Canon 6D

They were happy to have their picture taken. I don't know their names, but pray they don't fall off the carpet as it seemed to be going fast, LOL!

Add your own favorites! :)

Asher

Doug Kerr

Here's one, taken by our server at the Alamogordo Chili's Restaurant with my Canon PowerShot G16:

575DB726-D43C-4DC4-8085-0F7D5BD3AA7F.jpeg

Aleasha: Carla and Doug

Married 14 years, 6 months, 2 days.

A truly fabulous woman! And an old telephone engineer.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

We can't help but feel joy when one sees a couple really into each other as if they are on a magic carpet ride!

_MG_8081_800.jpg

Asher Kelman: First Date?

Santa Monica

December 2013

Canon 6D

Nice!

I love the rendering of the woman's skin tones.

Nicely done at ISO 12,800.

Aren't you glad that you really still have the strength to schlep the 6D!

Best regards,

Doug

Robert Watcher

Right up my alley!

To help separate my professional portrait photography business from all of the others - I created the term "A Love Story" in 1986 to describe my casual style of capturing image sequences of "couples in love".

Here are a couple of my favs:

SP063.jpg

zzz_featured_love_story_1.jpg

065.jpg

P035.jpg

Robert Watcher

I never used the term "Love Story" for families - - - but it works.

TOP: A medical doctor who's wife hired me to update their 30x40 wall portrait. After the formal shoot along Lake Erie, I encouraged them to go wild in the water being the water marks on the light coloured clothes, no longer mattered.

MIDDLE: A national champion squash player - now manager of a popular radio station - - - hired me to photograph his young family. He brought sports gear and we included action in many sequence images. But it was this "family connection" image that they chose for their 24"x30" canvas wall portrait. They have me booked for the update when I return to Canada next year.

BOTTOM: These two daughters hired me to travel six hours to photograph the family for their parents 25'th wedding anniversary. Turned out dad was sick as a dog that day - - - but the love between daughters and parents, emanated from every shot. The 30x40 canvas print that they purchased, did not show their faces, and was taken from behind with arms crossing each other as they walked. But I personally love this shot.

crazy-water-splashing.jpg

RSW_013.jpg

bobcaygeon-on-the-water.jpg