• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Portrait Professional Version 12 released

Hi Folks,

Especially for the Portrait photographers amongst us, an interesting upgrade (Version 12) has been officially released of Portrait Professional Studio software.

While nothing beats a superior make-up artist, and a skilled retouch artist for rendering people in your skillfully lighted portraits at their best, this piece of software is really useful for producing good results very fast. It has been improved compared to previous versions in many ways.

New Features Round-up (from the press release)

· World 1st: Face re-lighting for more natural and or dramatic portraits

· Improved, more natural looking skin enhancement

· Improved face slimming and sculpting.

· More natural wrinkle and spot removal

· Improved touch up brushes

· Improved eye, mouth and teeth enhancement

· Improved hair thickening and re-coloring

· The world's most accurate automatic face and feature finding

· Fully automatic age and gender detection

· Better color correction

· Facebook integration

· 4x Speedup

· All editions now 64 bit

· Batch mode to automatically enhance 100s of photos (Studio Max version only)

The application indeed runs very fast and responsive, with very finely tweakable corrections to all facial features. I've also tried that new Re-lighting feature, and it can adjust/improve (within limits of course) the lighting that we used for the original shot, after the fact. Because the program uses an advanced model of human physiognomy, it can also figure out how shadows and skin sheen will change when the lightsource angle is changed. Very cool feature.

They also give out upgrade coupon codes, but I assume that existing registered users will be informed automatically.

Cheers,
Bart

Here is a reduced size Before/After example on a corporate executive portrait I Googled on the internet as a Retouch example, where I did not use the Face sculpting features but just some basic retouch, make-up, and re-lighting to subtly shave off a few years. She already had reasonably good skin, so only minimal adjustments were needed there.

PortraitProfStudioV12.jpg

Retouch example, may be replaced by one of someone more public if Copyright restrictions requires to do so.​

Cheers,
Bart

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thanks Bart
As they have a Mac Version, I just bought it : D

So I'm entitled to give a coupon to a friend…
Tell your friends about Portrait Professional!Give your friends the coupon below (which they need to enter in the coupon box at the bottom of the buy page) and they can save 15% off the cost of any edition of Portrait Professional.
Coupon: XXXXXXXX

If someone is interested to buy this sw, PM me and I'll send the coupon…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bart and Nicolas,

Good news indeed to have all these improvements!

For me, I just need the update! It's a wonderful program and using it without the sculpturing is a very decent way of trading women with utmost caring and respect. After all, a 20-30MP view of the face is so analytical. It's not possible for us to concentrate on all those wrinkles and blemishes but our lenses and sensor are not like our brains, which do processing based on sufficient "gestalt" impressions to make accurate judgements. We don't waste metabolic energy recording the most fine lines and spots, but rather are brilliant in doing "gestalt" recognition where we accept the sense of the person and concentrate on the expressive changes in the face muscles and tone of the skin and due movements and lip contours for information on the other persons intent.

The camera however, knows nothing of that, just obsessively records too much detail for reality. It also knows nothing of the heart of the person and that's out job to show in our pictures, one way or another

So if this software can do that, great! I've been a fan of PP for some time and look forward to using the new version.

BTW, as far as re-sculpting is concerned, we do that by using telephoto lens instead of a 28 mm lens. Nearby arms and thighs are no longer so plump, nose not so bulky and breasts no longer terrifying!

Asher

nicolas claris

Will you guys will resist to these eyes?

Some years ago, I posted an image of a young waitress working in an event that I was hired to shoot.
I remember that Asher told me that my pic would need more care for a woman skin.

I always remember what Asher says, an I prove it!

Below is the original (that already had some processing done, despite Asher's comment) and the same but with less than 2 minutes spent with Portrait Professional Version 12…

_45R2246_V2.jpg
_45R2246_V3.jpg

Antonio Correia

With the quantity of portraits I usually do, such an app would be fine to use.

However, what I can from your examples is that people look "pastified" and rather un-natural... or perhaps you have just overdone it.

I saw the video at the site and I was very attracted by the "Relighting"

Would you so kind as to post an example from your images, please ? Thank you :)

EDIT

No need of course, I have seen it. Great. I like it ! And it is not expensive... I am tempted... :)
Nicolas, still have the coupon ? please...

nicolas claris

Hi Antonio
The amount of "corrections" is up to the user!
If you change the morphology within the plugin, you won't be able to dim the layer in PS… You'll have to use the plugin to the right extend of your wishes.
Tell your friends about Portrait Professional!Give your friends the coupon
below (which they need to enter in the coupon box at the bottom of the buy
page) and they can save 15% off the cost of any edition of Portrait
Professional.
Coupon: UCBG-ZZKP-CKLN-BJTS