Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Photojournalism - Street - Documentary

Old January 26th, 2018, 11:49 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default "Dogs of the hood" Add your favorites!

I have gotten to like dogs more as my kids have gotten them as additions to their lives! A lot of walks, love and companionship!

Here are some pictures of dogs I saw today just going from the garage on Beverly Drive to pick up a salad lunchtime.

One can see that even busy folk have a dog and kids stop to play.

Asher Kelman: Dogs of the hood

Beverly Hills California 2018
Fuji GFX 32-64 mm
Camera jpg
Photoshopping CC 2018

The lady with the flashy guy poodle is a fashionista who designs high end woman's accessories. I have her card!

Now please add your own happy muts from your neighborhoods!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.

Last edited by Asher Kelman; January 30th, 2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old January 27th, 2018, 06:15 AM

Dogs from different neighborhoods. We poop and it is your job to clean it up. Make no mistake about them under the right circumstances your dog will eat you.

Old January 27th, 2018, 06:16 PM

Good girl...nice girl...

Old January 27th, 2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dexter View Post
Good girl...nice girl...

Is that made for the dog? And what breed is it?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 28th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lemon View Post
Dogs from different neighborhoods. We poop and it is your job to clean it up. Make no mistake about them under the right circumstances your dog will eat you.

You made me laugh James ! Your photos are excellent James !

Here is a dog from a very different neighborhood (again) India.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Old January 28th, 2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post

........Here is a dog from a very different neighborhood (again) India.

Fabulous image design! Two zones! A dogs simple life and the hustle and bustle of we humans

Asher

Old January 28th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Once in awhile it happens that I can take some days for resting and… travelling!
We were staying in an Peloponnesian hotel which was built on a hill, the terrace in front of the hotel ended with a tall wall from which we could watch the view and the gardens down below.
From there I could see this dog who had a quiet nap during that (very) hot day.
The only camera was my iPhone 4 (known to have no good qualities for photos)… But I had no choice, I even had to zoom to get the dog into the frame. In a way, it gives an interesting effect…

First some shots, then the "dog seen from above"

Old January 28th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Administrator

At the "studio"

Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
At the "studio"

This dog is a handsome prince!

Good addition to the collection!

Asher

Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:43 PM

Nicolas, your dog is exptional, a poem!

Asher

Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lemon View Post

James,

You have a totally "equal opportunity" selection of dogs. If you were running as a political candidate, everyone would vote for you as you would represent all strata in society, and no one would be left out, or ignored!

Asher

Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:53 PM

It's impressive how dogs are always seeking out new friends. They just have a good sniff, "Oh yes, I remember you from that party last Christmas! You really were loaded!"

The little one's have no concept that they are not hte same size as the dogs ten times heavier!

Asher Kelman: Checking each other Out

Fuji GFX 32-64 mm
32mm 1/125 sec f22 ISO 1600
Photoshop CC 2018 from RAW

Asher

Old February 4th, 2018, 02:32 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Nicolas, your dog is exptional, a poem!

Asher
Thank you Asher!
He's the Hotel's dog, a very nice guy by the way, quiet and quite lonesome, having his own life apart, but always around the house and garden.
Old February 5th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
It's impressive how dogs are always seeking out new friends. They just have a good sniff, "Oh yes, I remember you from that party last Christmas! You really were loaded!"
The little one's have no concept that they are not hte same size as the dogs ten times heavier!

Asher Kelman: Checking each other Out
Fuji GFX 32-64 mm
32mm 1/125 sec f22 ISO 1600
Photoshop CC 2018 from RAW

Asher
This is the photo I like best taken with this camera, so far !
Old February 5th, 2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
This is the photo I like best taken with this camera, so far !

Wow, that is a wonderful remark! I will take that as the divine truth!

Turns out, Antonio, that with the parallel patterns of the background agapantha plants and the parallel lines in the gras, it is an unbeleivable challenge to show the two dogs in color sitinctly from the b.g.

I almost was going to present them in B&W, as there, by cleave mapping of hues, one can minimize the importance of the plants.

I realize now that long haired dogs are best photographed on continuosi backgrounds.

BTW, the opposite works as well. In photographing elderly ladies who have earned their wrinkles to their wrinkles, a dress with texture and a straw hat helps suppress the noticeability of the wrinkles without any photoshop work!

But with the dogs, the same thing makes the fellows much harder to visualize! I realize now that, from the survival of the dogs is a good thing as its part of their camouflage!

Asher