• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Weston Documentary

Don Lashier

Saw a new documentary on Edward Weston and Charis Wilson tonight on PBS - "The Eloquent N*de". It is excellent although a bit short at only 57 minutes. Not only a fascinating view at Edward's photography - it is a love story. Charis Wilson (his wife and model) is alive and well at age 91 and comments throughout the film. Available next month also on DVD.

Highly recommended.

ok, the censor mangled the url, but you can figure it out ;)

- DL

Last edited:

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Weston Exhibit at the Getty in Los Angeles too

A number of those n*des as well as some of his peppers are on exhibit at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles. We went a few weeks ago now and I will probably go back again to see it.

One of the assigments I was given by a teacher I am going to be studying with next spring was to go an view as much art as I possibly can before the class (on lighting and weddings). So much of what we do carries over from one disipline to another.

Eloquent N*de

Apparently the Charis Wilson memoir (which is well worth purchasing) as well as this film are products of Portland OR, in recent years, I learned after a little Googling. I missed the PBS showing, but will look for the DVD.

scott