• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rachel's Scenic Journey

Rachel Foster

In this thread, Asher suggested a recipe for improving composition in scenics. I feel that my portrait compositions are my strength, followed by flower shots and then still life. My personal feeling is that I have potential to do scenics well, but too often miss the mark. This thread will be my "experimental blog" documenting my struggles to improve my scenics.

Photography is my passion and I'm a ruthless taskmaster. No criticism is too harsh, although I do become discouraged if feedback never includes what I do well in addition to what I do wrong. So, all criticism is welcome, and as far as I'm concerned, everyone is more than welcome to post in this thread. HOWEVER....this is not the "teach Rachel how to shoot" thread. I have a blueprint to follow and teaching me is my responsibility. I am not trying to turn OPF into a photography school with me as the star pupil. I am a student, but I am my teacher as well.

So.....here goes. First posts to appear soon after I've done a bit of study.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
KISS Guide to Photography

Rachel,

One of the really good books I read a few years back when I started my photographic journey again were the KISS Guide to Digital Photography.