• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Browser Safari 3

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
New from Apple:
A new version of Safari : beta 3.0 (I suggest to read carefully before installing)
If you're in trouble, Apple delivers an uninstall package together with the installer.
It runs since a few minutes on my Powerbook without problem... let see...

The big (great?) news is that it is now also available for Windows machines???

It can be downloaded there

Klaus Esser

pro member
New from Apple:
A new version of Safari : beta 3.0 (I suggest to read carefully before installing)
If you're in trouble, Apple delivers an uninstall package together with the installer.

Yep! I´m using it on my G5 DP - no problems . . yet . . :)

best, Klaus

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Apple is doing something very important with the new Safari version.

"WWDC 2007, SAN FRANCISCO—June 11, 2007—Apple® today introduced Safari™ 3, the world’s fastest and easiest-to-use web browser for Windows PCs and Macs. Safari is the fastest browser running on Windows, based on the industry standard iBench tests, rendering web pages up to twice as fast as IE 7 and up to 1.6 times faster than Firefox 2. Safari joins iTunes® in delivering Apple’s legendary user experience to both Windows and Mac® users as well as full support of open Internet standards. Safari 3 features easy-to-manage bookmarks, effortless browsing with easy-to-organize tabs and a built-in RSS reader to quickly scan the latest news and information. Safari 3 public beta is available today as a free download at www.apple.com/safari."

Of course, the boast is the fastet browser on the PC too!

"Safari has always been the fastest browser on the Mac and now it’s the fastest browser on Windows, loading and drawing web pages up to twice as fast as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and up to 1.6 times faster than Mozilla Firefox 2.* The speed of Safari combined with its intuitive user interface lets users spend more time surfing the web and less time waiting for pages to load. Other Safari features now available to Windows users include SnapBack™, one-click access to an initial search query; resizable text fields; and private browsing to ensure that information about an individual’s browsing history isn’t stored."

However, having the browser so friendly to consumer products like itunes ans then iphone, means that Apple is thinking forward and laterally to grab share. The phne and itunes will, I believe sell more Macs, especially laptops.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
It'svery ast, but still a bit buggy, beeing a beta.
And some sites look ugly.

Bonjour Michael
can you post some links so we may see what you mean or if it is machine/software specific...

Re. Bugs, for now the only one that I see is that it is impossible to get rid of these tabs (when one just click on one of the bookmark, all links are loading, stupid!) that come on the bookmark bar.

Have a nice day!

David Hufford

New from Apple:

Sounds interesting, but there have been some major security vulnerbilities found already. I am waiting for the final version to come out---would love to dump Firefox if Safari is better and if it works well enough, it may sell me on Apple (unlike Apple QuickTime which scared me away).

Michael Fontana

pro member
Bonjour Michael
can you post some links so we may see what you mean or if it is machine/software specific...

Re. Bugs, for now the only one that I see is that it is impossible to get rid of these tabs (when one just click on one of the bookmark, all links are loading, stupid!) that come on the bookmark bar.

Have a nice day!

Bonsoir Nicolas,

just go on sites, using some java-scriptes, you can't load' em fully.
The other day, I had it for 1 - 2 hours open, and I went sort of memeory leak, couldn't type a reply anymore, as the field was gone.