• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

RSP produces wierd .jpegs???

Daniel Harrison

pro member
HI everyone,
I use RSP to convert my RAW files to jpeg and have purchased Extensis Portfolio to catalouge them. Unfortunately the .jpg's RSP produces don't work in portfolio, so the image catalogs but it does not have a thumbnail. I e-mailed portfolio and they seem to think that RSP produces funny .jpg that do not meet the standards for meta data. Anyway I thought you might find this interesting and if you know anything more I would like to know. the only way to get around it at the moment is to resave the files in photoshop.. such a pain! So it seems RSP does something funny when it makes jpegs?

Michael Tapes

OPF Administrator/Moderator
If Extensis, simply tells us the problem with the JPEG, in their opinion, then we can fix it. Many other catalogs have no issue with RSP JPEGs. Happy to help get to the bottom, but need specifics of what is wrong. Only Extensis can tell us..

Daniel Harrison

pro member
oh why thank you! PM me and give me your e-mail address and I will get some correspondance to you. I appreciate your help - I really love your program. You know if your interested I bet alot of people would really go for your RAW workflow if it was also a RAW and jpeg cataloging program :) I think your workflow is the best out there and if it cataloged ... Well! It would be awesome! But thanks again for a great product.