• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tragic Loss of Uwe Steinmueller

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am saddened to inform you that Uwe Steinmueller, a prolific photographer, publisher of OutbackPhotography.com, teacher and friend, has passed away August 8th 2014.

Our hearts and prayers go to his dear wife Bettina as a measure of our respect and grateful thanks for all he gave us.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I am saddened to inform you that Uwe Steinmueller, a prolific photographer, publisher of OutbackPhotography.com, teacher and friend, has passed away August 8th 2014.

Our hearts and prayers go to his dear wife Bettina as a measure of our respect and grateful thanks for all he gave us.

Sad to learn of that.

Best regards,

Doug

Sad news indeed.

Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Very sad news.

Sorry to read this this evening.

Mike

Mike, we all know that life has no promises or service warranty but this cutting off of one's days so abruptly at a young age is a cruel quirk of nature and as you point out, very sad news.

This is a reminder that the tiny pieces of time that flows, does not look back, ask questions or take note of our own opinions and needs, just pours through the little space in the hour glass until our portion is used up. It's an entirely closed system and we get abruptly locked out from our dear ones. Even memory is hard to grip so tightly that it doesn't follow suit. That's the beauty of photography: we can't cheat time by we can hold on to memories far longer.

Asher

Ivan Garcia

What tragic sad news.
Uwe Steinmueller, was an inspiration to me and, I would guess, many others.
I had the privilege of engaging him in many a photography discussions, gaining a deeper understanding of photography through his generous input.

In this time of sorrow, I would like to offer my sincere condolences to his wife, family and friends.
RIP Uwe, you will be truly missed.