• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

FS: Canon 1ds Mark II

Hey guys. I am currently trying to sell my Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II. I got it for christmas so it is "Brand New". It has less than 1000 shots taken on it and is still under original canon warranty. Only reason that I am selling it is that I need to earn some cash pretty quickly. I got it around christmas to begin my photography career however it has not worked out as I planned thus far. There is absolutly no cosmetic damage to the camera and it is as mint a "used camera" you will ever find. I had tried to put it on ebay but that was a disaster resulting in many fake bidders and a guy winning turning out to be fraud so I am done with them. I am asking $5000 for the camera. I realize this is my first post so just to increase trust for the transaction I would do paypal or google payments as a means of payment. You can PM me or email me at dvsmithboy23@yahoo.com

Just letting you know, not intersted in trades for the camera.

Anthony Arkadia

Hey guys. I am currently trying to sell my Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II. I got it for christmas so it is "Brand New". It has less than 1000 shots taken on it and is still under original canon warranty. Only reason that I am selling it is that I need to earn some cash pretty quickly. I got it around christmas to begin my photography career however it has not worked out as I planned thus far. There is absolutly no cosmetic damage to the camera and it is as mint a "used camera" you will ever find. I had tried to put it on ebay but that was a disaster resulting in many fake bidders and a guy winning turning out to be fraud so I am done with them. I am asking $5000 for the camera. I realize this is my first post so just to increase trust for the transaction I would do paypal or google payments as a means of payment. You can PM me or email me at dvsmithboy23@yahoo.com

Just letting you know, not intersted in trades for the camera.

I sent you an Email

Ray West

Hi Anthony,

We do not normally allow first time posters to go straight to 'buy sell', since they are very much an unknown quantity to opf (not that opf can assume any responsibility for such transactions). However, this one has slipped through.

Reading the original wording, and the lack of user profile details, I think it could well be a scam of some sort, so maybe think yourself lucky you have not had a reply. Of course, if eventually you find otherwise, please report back here.

Best wishes,

Ray

Anthony Arkadia

Will do.... i will never do a transaction with anyone unless they give me their home phone #, it must be listed in the phone dir, and they must answer the phone when i call that number, otherwise it is a no deal! Thank you for the concerns and will keep you abreast.

Anthony Arkadia

He was a fraud, when he called i asked him for a home phone number, he said he did not have one, i did a cell phone number check, phone was listed in someone else's name.
Then he was suppose to call me back, but when i told him i needed the camera serial number to call Canon and verify that A:) It was not stolen and B:) That it was even a valid serial number and C:) Canon would tell me were it was purchased.
Well needless to say he ran for the hills, i would Ban his IP​

Anthony Arkadia

How to avoid FRAUD!

Always ask for their home phone number, then make sure that their phone number is listed in the phone directory. Then call them at their home phone number!
Once they give you their home phone number you can go here Intelius and find out the home address registered to that phone number. Then once you have that information; the Frauder has no idea that you have done this, ask him for his home address, if it does not match, you got him.
IF NO ONE IS WILLING TO GIVE YOU THEIR HOME PHONE NUMBER RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Ray West

buyer beware

This thread relates to a recent sequence of events. OPF can not verify the integrity of buyers or sellers, so take reasonable precautions, as Anthony has done. We do not normally allow first time poster to post straight to buy/sell. Apart from a few wasted phone calls, and the waste of time, little has been lost.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
If you use Intellius, you'll have to pay to get a record, not that expensive to avoid dealing with a thief!
And it is USA only...

You also may check here and choose among the directories for the country you've selected.

Steve Saunders

I think it's worth keeping this thread permanently as a lot can be learned from it. It might also serve to deter future scammers as well once they read it.

nicolas claris

I think it's worth keeping this thread permanently as a lot can be learned from it. It might also serve to deter future scammers as well once they read it.

You're right, also let people know that we do store IPs (only moderators have access to this info...), so in case, thieves can be located, not their exact address though... but not that far!

IP.jpg

Steve Saunders

IP isn't always reliable these days Nicolas. On my own humble board I see a lot of the regular posters have many different IP address, I think they are dynamic IPs randomly assigned when the person connects to the web. Our wireless connection in work assigns us different IP numbers all the time.

BTW, what city does the map show? It doesn't exactly look like Lagos, where I believe the main Scammers College is based!

nicolas claris

IP isn't always reliable these days Nicolas. On my own humble board I see a lot of the regular posters have many different IP address, I think they are dynamic IPs randomly assigned when the person connects to the web. Our wireless connection in work assigns us different IP numbers all the time.

BTW, what city does the map show? It doesn't exactly look like Lagos, where I believe the main Scammers College is based!

Bonsoir Steve

true but IP ar more and more static with cable and dsl.
Both home and office, we have dynamic addresses for each machine (wifi at home and wifi + Ethernet at office), but they are all directed by a router that have a fixed IP address from the provider... then our IP can be easily located.
For the really dynamic addresses, at least we know the provider...

Michael Fontana

pro member
having a webdomaine, often parth of the mailadress, one might ask whois, either in the web, or in the mac's network utility.

So the OPFserver is at: Herndon, VA. and maintained by Network Solutions