• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

auqa-photography

One of the most difficult disciplines in photography is Aqua-photograohy, because of the special lightning from the aquarium, the glass and the quick movements of the fishes.

leeuwekopje-1.jpg

bullhead-1.jpg

bluecompo-1.jpg

Jan van den Bos

One of the most difficult disciplines in photography is Aqua-photograohy, because of the special lightning from the aquarium, the glass and the quick movements of the fishes.

[...]

bluecompo-1.jpg

Hi Jan, I like the no. 3 image best, due to its composition. Since you posted it in the Retouching and repairing forum, did you have a request or suggestion you wanted to share?

Bart

some questions

Dear Bart,

I have several problems about uploading my pictures to certain categories.
Therefore some example:
Where must I place: 1. People and Model pictures
2, Flowers and nature images
3. Streetphotography
4. Urban pictures
5. Sports Pictures
6. Animal Pictures.

How many pictures pro day?

How can I upload my avatar profile picture?

Thanks for the replies.

Jan van den Bos

Cem_Usakligil

Dear Bart,

I have several problems about uploading my pictures to certain categories.
Therefore some example:
Where must I place: 1. People and Model pictures
2, Flowers and nature images
3. Streetphotography
4. Urban pictures
5. Sports Pictures
6. Animal Pictures.

How many pictures pro day?

How can I upload my avatar profile picture?

Thanks for the replies.

Jan van den Bos
Jan,

I have written this all to you in a PM before but since you seem to need a public confirmation, I'll repeat it here again.

If you place it in the wrong forum, we shall move it eventually so do not worry much about that.

We do not have a set limit of posts per day but if you only post pictures and do not react to the ones posted by others, the other posters will eventually ignore your posts. Also, quality goes before quantity. The more pictures you post simultaneously, the less the C&C will be given. My rule of thumb is 2-3 simultaneous posts. If they are discussed to a certain degree, you can then add new posts.

As of now, you have started 13 new threads in OPF. 8 of them have received comments from our members but so far you have only replied to 1 comment and ignored the rest. This is absolutely not a good practice and I want to discourage you from keeping at it. Please engage in communication with others when they take their precious time to react to your pictures.

In short, this is not a forum for "dumping" one's complete gallery of pictures for others to see.

We do not allow avatar pictures.

Hope this helps

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jan,

Here, for example, is just one set of images by fish photographer, Ron Morse. You'll find more by searching under, "Fish Photo" or Ron Morse.

Here's another one by Brandon Jones. Each of these threads deserve attention. By commenting their and even sending them a PM to let them know, you establish an interest in your own work. As Cem so rightly pointed out, people will respond to your work but like to be acknowledged.

I hope you will look at these other photographer's pictures.

The idea is to post, comment in a truthful and useful manner to other pictures and always let people know you have read their comments.

Use up to 4 related pictures in the same post and give some context if you want comments on the quality of the work. If it's just the experience we get, then that's a controversial subject. I respond better to a picture after an introduction. Others insist that the photo must speak for itself. Personally I feel that giving an introduction will get more comment and more sales.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Jan,

Here, for example, is just one set of images by fish photographer, Ron Morse. You'll find more by searching under, "Fish Photo" or Ron Morse.

Here's another one by Brandon Jones. Each of these threads deserve attention. By commenting there and even sending them a PM to let them know, you establish an interest in your own work. As Cem so rightly pointed out, people will respond to your work but like to be acknowledged.

I hope you will look at these other photographer's pictures.

The idea is to post, comment in a truthful and useful manner to other pictures and always let people know you have read their comments.

Use up to 4 related pictures in the same post and give some context if you want comments on the quality of the work. If it's just the experience we get, then that's a controversial subject. I respond better to a picture after an introduction. Others insist that the photo must speak for itself. Personally I feel that giving an introduction will get more comment and more sales.

Asher
And this by Doug_Kerr, or this by Ron Morse, or this etc, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your visit and the worthful comments.
I have watched at the work of the two fish-experts, gave them my compliments.
You must be patience with me, Iam not to faul to do not react ant others comments, much obliged.

Jan van den Bos

Ron Morse

Jan this is a picture of a red devil I took a few years ago with the flash above the aquarium. Nothing is more important than getting the flash above the fish.

Not a really good picture but it shows how the flash above helps.

mg5649yu5.jpg

Ron Morse

Jan, I will gladly give you some aquatic photography pointers. I had severe back problems this year. It has put me way behind. I'm getting back to my self now and am trying to get the things done that should already be done. When I get back on schedule I'll try to help.

Well Ron I hope for you that everything goes better in your life.
The last three months I had also a life full of sorrow, pains and hgospital visits, which ended in january with the implanting of an ICD Pacemaker, a painfull operation of 4 hours. But now my condition is growing better and the doctors gave me the advice to concentrate myself on the beauty things of life by photographing.

Much obliged if you can help me to improve myself with photography.

Jan