• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Enhancing OPF: Features to be added for 2011

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As soon as we are able, we'll be adding the following:

1. Online hosting of pictures posted in OPF. This will prevent broken links.
  2. Further Trimming of moderators who are no longer active
  3. Reducing categories for posts but increasing richness of prefixes
  4. Blogging
  5. Active News in the front of OPF
  6. Private Galleries to showcase your best work
  7. Bespoke invited collections of pictures by individual photographers
  8. Encouragement of theme or series related work
  9. Sign in forum for Pros to discuss pricing and other sensitive issues away from clients

In the meanwhile, I wish you and your love ones a happy time right now and ask you to hug them, as time flies. No need to do anything but give attention to yourselves and the people who depend on you. We often spend more effort comforting strangers, than facing our own unresolved issues. So spoil yourself. Charity begins at home!

I'd like to raise a glass of bordeaux wine to everyone.

Salut!

Asher

Well It's 2011 now, So where are the updates at?

Sorry Asher, I had too.

May your new year bring you happiness to you and your family.

These sounds (we talk as if we we are speaking to each others, it's the impression I've got these days, chatting with close friends, without the accent of course) like very nice additions.

Let's have a thought for those who never dare to ask for comfort, but who need it as well...

Let's have all together a very merry year to come.

Best song for the after NYE party

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

4. Blogging
  9. Sign in forum for Pros to discuss pricing and other sensitive issues away from clients
Those all sound very worthwhile. Good fortune in their implementation!

In any case, my best wishes to you and yours for a successful 2011 CE on every plane.

Best regards,

Doug

Kevin Stecyk

4. Blogging

If I could make one request, it would be to somehow extend an invitation to Chuck Westfall of Canon and his counterpart from Nikon to participate in the Canon and Nikon forums. It's great to have the ability to ask direct questions or guidance.

While I don't know exactly what you have in mind for blogging, that might be a bit more challenging. There are so many other social media outlets (Blogger, Facebook, Twitter etc.) available. Moreover, I am not sure that if a member decides to blog that he or she won't blog on her personal site and just use the forum to drive traffic to his or her blog. In some other photography forums that I belong to, that is what happens. Person A will leave a teaser post in one of the forums with a link to the article on their personal blog.

On the whole, it looks good Asher.

I wish you and your family a Happy, Prosperous, and Healthy New Year.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Kevin,

If I could make one request, it would be to somehow extend an invitation to Chuck Westfall of Canon and his counterpart from Nikon to participate in the Canon and Nikon forums. It's great to have the ability to ask direct questions or guidance.
I certainly second that.

Best regards,

Doug

John Angulat

pro member
As far as I'm concerned, if you implement item #1 and no others I'll be very happy.
This forum has become a wasteland of broken links.
That's not your fault Asher, it just that members are constantly changing hosts and the links are never updated - very sad.
There's so many images lost forever.

4. Blogging
In the meanwhile, I wish you and your love ones a happy time right now and ask you to hug them, as time flies. No need to do anything but give attention to yourselves and the people who depend on you. We often spend more effort comforting strangers, than facing our own unresolved issues. So spoil yourself. Charity begins at home!

I'd like to raise a glass of bordeaux wine to everyone.

Salut!

Asher

I found that there was a "home" page in OPF...At last...:)
Some of the articles are quite old, I try to read them one by one.... And I found some broken links.
It is worth that I point them out? Or are they to be taken care of as part as the changes?

Asher Kelman

I found that there was a "home" page in OPF...At last...:)
Some of the articles are quite old, I try to read them one by one.... And I found some broken links.
It is worth that I point them out? Or are they to be taken care of as part as the changes?

Sandrine,

My error! That's the most important glaring fix needed! It's essentially done. Just, I need to get familiar with the format and code. Not too daunting.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Let me invite everyone to feel free to PM me with any ideas to improve OPF. Our goal for 2011 is promote a higher level of photography and lots of fun exchanges. We want to especially value personal projects, shooting, lighting and processing issues and series of pictures that have some theme, controlling idea or motif in common.

Let me stress that we are not setup to teach, but we do share our ideas and we all can learn from each other. We want to encourage self-selection of people who want something extra from life and that photography is part of the means to do that.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Asher