• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thread Mergers & Acquisitions! :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wildlife now has roamed from Landscape to their own new home. This includes, of course Birds and Arty's recent thread.

Self-Portrait is saving face in Portrait!

Color Management seduced White Balance to a happy marriage: one home for both!

Introduction to Digital has been here for a week and is working well! We are fortunate to have Diane Fields and Nill Toulme serve as moderators. Thanks to everyone!

The Retouching Forum is thriving under the stewardship of Tim Armes as Moderator. Please check this forum for ongoing retouch and optimization challenges. Thanks Tim for the good job!

Am considering joining Windows and OSX use of Macs unless there is a super reason not to do so. Whosoever knows of a reason why these two cannot be joined in matrimony and does not speak now, may they foreaver hold their peace!

There is more to come! I'm responding to needs of the forum and invite your comments. A great note of appreciation to all the guys who contribute so much to make OPF work. My apologies for not mentioning more names. We really value all the generous effort from Mary to Dierk from Bart to Nikolai and everyone in between! :)

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Agreed. Especially with the joining of the Mac-OS X and PC-Windows fora (LOL).
This development and the reactions it may evoke shall be rather interesting to observe (grin).

Jeff O'Neil

I might disagree with the Windows and Mac merger.

Vista is coming soon. There are bound to be some issues with it and the computer platform itself.

Plus, as somone who is about to make the change from completely PC to MAC having the information seperated is very useful. If I post a question in the MAC forum I know I will get answers specific to that platform. If they are merged then you get the plus and minus argument happening without getting the answer you needed.

I also wonder how the Mac-heads and the PCER's will get along!

Jeff

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jeff O'Neil said:
I might disagree with the Windows and Mac merger.

Vista is coming soon. There are bound to be some issues with it and the computer platform itself.

Plus, as somone who is about to make the change from completely PC to MAC having the information seperated is very useful. If I post a question in the MAC forum I know I will get answers specific to that platform. If they are merged then you get the plus and minus argument happening without getting the answer you needed.

I also wonder how the Mac-heads and the PCER's will get along!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

You make some good points. I held back for a long time, observing who posted what. I cam to the conclusion that our Mac guys are pretty PC savvy and there is no rivalry here. It seems that the people in OPF, so far at least are more photographers interested in an image as opposed to techies.
Although we do have a lot of highly skilled prgrammers and engineers, that is just another side of them that they generally keep under wraps unless someone says something way off!

Given that, I think you'l' get all the feedback you can want.

However, re read the fora. Al lthat has been merged are the two Mac fora. There is still a PC forum!

Asher

Asher Kelman said:
Wildlife now has roamed from Landscape to their own new home. This includes, of course Birds and Arty's recent thread.

Asher
The description of the wildlife topic needs fixing. I suggest changing "Any creatue the wild: in the air, sea, on safari or in your backyard!" to "Any creature of the wild: in the air, sea, on safari or in your backyard!".

Bob