• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Soo, any SoCal event to shoot this coming weekend?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You did very well, Brian.

I like the fact that you have attempted to frame some part of the animals in an intereresting composition. I'm going to start a new thread on competitions.

I'm up for that or any other great suggestion.

Asher

Brian Lowe

Asher Kelman said:
You did very well, Brian.

I like the fact that you have attempted to frame some part of the animals in an intereresting composition. I'm going to start a new thread on competitions.

I'm up for that or any other great suggestion.

Asher
I vote for
2006_08 Wildlife "Portraits"_01.
Plus we need to have some sort of voting for a winner and let the winner choose the next competition or challenge? Maybe a prize too?

Brian

Brian,

Brian Lowe said:
Plus we need to have some sort of voting for a winner and let the winner choose the next competition or challenge? Maybe a prize too?

Brian

Oh, man, come on, who needs another trophy?
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind occasional challenges, but why can't we simply have an old good uncompetitive fun? Should we always have to choose between David and Mona Lisa? Or always look over the shoulder to see if some bastard gonna steel our unique angle?
Get together and have some shooting- yes. Make it a competition - I'll pass then...

Cheers! :)

Asher Kelman

Nikolai,

Relax, this is just a competition in the sence of announcement and let's see what we can get. For you, consider it just an invitation. BTW, we can have a donation of prints as gifts for the prizes!

Asher

Brian Lowe

Sorry Nik,

Didn't mean to poke a tender spot no harm meant...just a thought

Brian

Nikolai Sklobovsky said:
Oh, man, come on, who needs another trophy?
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind occasional challenges, but why can't we simply have an old good uncompetitive fun? Should we always have to choose between David and Mona Lisa? Or always look over the shoulder to see if some bastard gonna steel our unique angle?
Get together and have some shooting- yes. Make it a competition - I'll pass then...

Asher,

Asher Kelman said:
Nikolai,

Relax, this is just a competition in the sence of announcement and let's see what we can get. For you, consider it just an invitation. BTW, we can have a donation of prints as gifts for the prizes!

Asher

No worrry, mate, I'm chilling:)

"Donation of prints as gifts"? Can you explain, please?

Brian,

Brian Lowe said:
Sorry Nik,
Didn't mean to poke a tender spot no harm meant...just a thought
Brian

No harm done:)

It's simply me probably being confused. A challenge is a challenge, but I never participated in a challenge where you all would shoot the same thing at the same time in the same place, you know what I'm saying? ;-)

Brian Lowe

Yeah I hear ya, that would be fun I'm game, when where I am in LA - anyone else?

Nikolai Sklobovsky said:
No harm done:)

It's simply me probably being confused. A challenge is a challenge, but I never participated in a challenge where you all would shoot the same thing at the same time in the same place, you know what I'm saying? ;-)

Asher Kelman

Prints could be sent to me for donating to winners of competitions. The print should be a 4x6 or 8x10 mounted on a board or matted, if possible.

What do you think?

Asher