• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

After an absence...

John Angulat

pro member
Hi everyone,
I’m sorry for the extended absence as I’ve been stuck in Florida settling the last of my recently deceased mother’s estate. Although I’ve been able to peek at OPF through my crackberry, responses and comments were not possible.
There have been so many wonderful threads both started and added to these past few weeks!
Rather than having the members see dozens of “John Angulat” replies in the Recent Posts tab, I’ll try to do something different by commenting in one post. If by chance I've left someone out, please forgive me.
Here goes:

Jaime – your “Just passing through” image of the grizzly is spectacular. I am always amazed at the closeness and detail. “Coyote today” almost seems unreal in its realism!

Paul – the “on the embankment” shot is great. I like the juxtaposition – man opposite sphinx. I’ve come back to view this a few times now.

Wolfgang – I’m disappointed no one else commented upon “no color without light”. I think the image is remarkable in its simplicity. Nicely done!

Cedric – I hadn’t gotten a chance to comment upon “Captain Nicolas” when you knocked me over with “a rendez-vous”…both are excellent! I cannot offer any critique, only compliments!

Sydney – keep shooting Pike! What a gorgeous pup!

Cem – The hits just keep on coming! Great night shots of the carnival. “Misty winter morning” is especially nice and I want to compliment you and all the other members who posted some truly wonderful images in this thread!

Charlotte – Thanks for the “Little girl”! It seems she’s growing up quite fast and we’re lucky to have you there to document this journey. Oh, btw – I love the “first” image of Peyton!

Matt – Whether emulation of Dave Hill was your intent or otherwise…the image in “Lonesome point” is excellent! It possesses a uniqueness that pleases my eye! Well done!

Michael Carberry- Ahhh….who doesn’t love a dog! (from an admitted dog lover!) Nice capture of an old guy! I bet he’s chased his fair share of sticks and balls in his time!

Rachel – I wish you had left out “yet” in your “yet another sunset” thread. It seems to imply a begrudging willingness to post these images. Certainly not! I love a sunset and these are lovely! Now for the “Lake Michigan Beach image…I like it! I think I might like it better if you give it go in black and white. Care to try?

Kevin Stroud…new guy…Welcome to the forum! Although some earlier posts did not garner comment…persevere! The “In Wonder” shot is adorable! Stick with us and we’ll learn a lot together!

Erik – “morning shoot” has an edginess I enjoy. Nice capture. Asher is a tough taskmaster and has much to offer. I’m truly impressed with your resilience!

Ruben – Great posts in the “Steps and Shadows” thread. “Sidewalk” blew me away! So did “Venus!

Janet – Your Lake District images are superb! I love the wide angle view of Thirlmere. This is extraordinary scenery and the image puts me directly on that shoreline. My compliments!

Fahim – “Relaxing” is a gem! You offer me a glimpse into a culture for which I am totally ignorant. I learn through you. The best I can say is Thank you!.

Ok, that’s it! If I’ve omitted anyone, I offer my sincere apologies.
It is nice to be back!

ErikJonas

Banned
Hi John....

I dont really know you that well...Thankyou for the comment to my image..That shoot though, at 28 degrees was all Kaye. I wanted to post something that was just taken hours before...Shes a trooper, shooting with her today, sat and sunday....Welcome back and i'll look for your posted images...

Rachel Foster

John, I'm sorry for your loss and hoping closure will soon begin to happen. And I'm delighted to see you back!

I might give the B&W a shot, at that. One of the images I got today was of a bird over the frozen lake. What really captivates me about it is that it's b&w but was shot in color!

Again, welcome back.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
John,

Glad you are back. It's a drain to go through accumulated "stuff" that we don't seem to know how to sort or part with. Then to have to do this in a short time for a loved one is much more of a drag as everything has been touched by that person and has memories. I hope that you have saved some of the things to bring back the good times whenever you see them.

I wish you and your loved ones my condolences and the blessings of health, good experiences, joy and prosperity.

Asher

janet Smith

pro member
Hi John

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother's death, I was wondering where you were, good to have you back with us.

Thank you for your comments on my Lake District shots, I appreciate it.

Cem_Usakligil

So sorry to read this bad news

Hi John,

I'd like to offer you and your family my condolences and I hope that you'll find the needed strength in the coming times.

Best regards,

fahim mohammed

After an absence..

John, my deepest condolences to you and your loved ones for your loss. May you all have the strength
to get through this testing time with patience and prayers.

Best regards.

John Angulat

pro member
My heartfelt thanks

To all my dear friends here at OPF -
Words cannot describe how I felt when I read all your messages.
Thank you all for the kind words. I am truly touched.

Ron Morse

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother John.

It was very hard on me when I lost my father but when I lost my mother a few years earlier my whole world went blank for a while. We keep going but when we look back there is a large void that can't be filled.