• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"New Topographics"

I am lucky enough to be living in Tucson now where at the University of Arizona they have the Center for Creative Photography. There is just so much to see there. It is a real gem of a resource.
They have a new exhibit there for a few months that I am about to go see. I was just curious if anyone else had seen it, either the current exhibit or the original back in 1975. I am really looking forward to seeing these works. See below.
James Newman (still alive by the way)

New Topographics

co-organized by CCP and George Eastman House
February 19 - May 16, 2010

The exhibition New Topographics: Photographs of a Man-altered Landscape, held in 1975 at George Eastman House, signaled the emergence of a new approach to landscape photography. A new version of this seminal exhibition re-examines more than 100 works from the 1975 show, as well as some 30 prints and books by other relevant artists to provide additional historical and contemporary context. This reconsideration demonstrates both the historical significance of these pictures and their continued relevance today.