• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Using the iphone or ipad in photography? What ideas?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

overview_photos_20100225.png

Apple Inc.: The Ipad used for Photos

I visited the Apple Store and am so impressed with the ease of use, especially looking at OPF! Who plans to use this or hte iphone in their photography and what software apps and dongles drives can one connect?

Asher

Asher Kelman

I'm surprised no one seems to be using the iphone or ipad for their photography. For travel, the ipad seems ideal as it's so lightweight, the interface is natural, just a gesture moves down a column in OPF! A simple sliding apart of two fingers expands a picture to fill the screen.

Asher

Daniel Buck

Idonno, if I'm going go through the trouble to take something as big as the ipad, I might as well take a laptop that I can actually do real work on :) Might be nice to have around clients so that they can browse photographs at the studio, but that's about all I can think of.

Asher Kelman

Idonno, if I'm going go through the trouble to take something as big as the ipad, I might as well take a laptop that I can actually do real work on :) Might be nice to have around clients so that they can browse photographs at the studio, but that's about all I can think of.
Daniel,

I was thinking of using it as an option for delivering an album to an engagement couple. After all, it's the same price as printing an album, has built in slide show and one can move pictures or enlarge them and have interaction not possible in a paper album. I will make one and see if they like it!

The other use is to control remote cameras or for tethered shooting where each camera can have it's own ipad/iphone and they are controlled wirelessly and one can set it up for all the pictures to be sent to the main hard drive where one guy could be editing the pictures, for loading to the web, for immediate sale if one wishes.

Asher