• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: SNS-HDR v1.3.8 to SNS-HDR v1.4.19

Hi,

I finished work on a new noise reduction algorithm. The following comparison.

Without NR / New algorithm (auto level) / Old algorithm (level 8).
DSC_5361.jpg
DSC_5361_N.jpg
DSC_5361_O.jpg

Nikon D700, ISO 3200.

The new algorithm will be available in the SNS-HDR 2.0 (update will be free).

Regards,
Sebastian

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fabulous to me!

Sebastian,

This beautiful result would be interesting to compare the noise reduction with results from dedicated noise reduction software! Could we possibly have a copy of the original sent to editor.OPFATmac.com?

Thanks,

Asher

Hi,

I finished work on a new noise reduction algorithm.

Hi Sebastian, that's looking a lot better than it was.

The new algorithm will be available in the SNS-HDR 2.0 (update will be free).

I'm looking forward to it. I've read on your forum that you are in the process of finalizing it soon. Thanks for your efforts to offer the best tonemapping quality available.

Cheers,
Bart

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Sebastian, that's looking a lot better than it was.

I'm looking forward to it. I've read on your forum that you are in the process of finalizing it soon. Thanks for your efforts to offer the best tonemapping quality available.

Cheers,
Bart

And still waiting (with less patience after looking to Sebastian's last post ; ) for a Mac Version (I tried, specifically for SNS-HDR, with Parallel, but the monitor calibration is just impossible to achieve for both platforms…).

Dommage (pour moi !)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
And still waiting (with less patience after looking to Sebastian's last post ; ) for a Mac Version (I tried, specifically for SNS-HDR, with Parallel, but the monitor calibration is just impossible to achieve for both platforms…).

Dommage (pour moi !)

Nicolas,

I've been seriously considering getting a separate machine for windows and so being able to calibrate the display. I have a few lying around unused. With SNS HDR gutting better and better, it is becoming a serious proposition and a Windows computer only has to be adequate for the size of files you have.

In the end, one could still do the lens corrections with Lightroom or other software that know your lenses.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nicolas,

I've been seriously considering getting a separate machine for windows and so being able to calibrate the display. I have a few lying around unused. With SNS HDR gutting better and better, it is becoming a serious proposition and a Windows computer only has to be adequate for the size of files you have.

In the end, one could still do the lens corrections with Lightroom or other software that know your lenses.

Asher

Well, having to regularly update softwares (look at the OPF's Pentax forum later today, some stuff coming… ; ), Macs and a Windows machine? I'm afraid I cannot afford that, plus handling 5x 240 Mb files needs real powerful machine and loads of Ram (I have 18 Gb on my Mac)… plus the fact that when I batch 16 bit files, it is by hundreds of files (100 files = 20 images)…
I'm afraid I'll have to stick with photomatix that delivers good HDR too, although I think SNS is better…