• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dxo 4.1 for Mac

Michael Fontana

pro member
I hope it wasn't to cold - but helas - its winter, ore rather should be.

Update for the Proxel-software:
I made some calibration-shots yesterday; that's how Lensanalyzer recognises the straight lines:

in-lensanalyzer-.jpg

As there should be two long, horizontal lines, this isn't a good building for the lens calibration; its results are not precise. Better would be a house without all these vertical bars.

As it was cold, here too, I didn't wanted to reshoot - one might need the help of PS:

PC-28_001_painted.jpg

The resulting calibration is much better

Last edited:

Alain Briot

pro member
Nicolas Claris said:
Come on Alain (Briot) I know you're one of Dxo experts, explain me I'm wrong! I would be so glad! (I must be getting old to say I'm glad if I'm wrong ;-))))

Yes, there are issues with DXO 4.1. I like the new interface a lot better, even though the decision to go to a black background is based on fashion. The transition from the browser to the converter is nice (there was none before) and so are the palettes that are way easier to navigate than before. Speed is still the same, but then I never used DXO because of its speed. Accurate preview color is only visible at 100%, and the screen preview profile is set to sRGB by default and cannot be overiden.

Alain

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Merci Alain
Content de te revoir parmi nous!
So reading your post above it seems that I'm not alone to be a bit disappointed by this new version of Dxo, let's wait for the 4.2, will maybe bring some enhancements!
I'll try it on my new Intel dual core Mac that will be delivered tomorow.... hmmm Santa-Claus has been good to me!

Happy new year to you all

I've been meaning to thank you Nicolas for initiating this thread. My limited experience with the latest version of DXO (4.1) has not been very positive and converges with the views you initially expressed. I'm essentially interested in lens distortion correction and will examine the other options suggested above. Thanks to the other contributors.