• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Out of Town Guests

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
This week has been really fun for me. I have had out of town guests and I have had the joy of showing them pieces of Los Angeles for a few days. My photography was off kilter and a bunch of my images were soft and missed the mark technically. I really wasn't focused on taking pictures and thought I should have left my camera home before I headed out having been gone for three weeks taking photos in Europe just a few weeks ago.

Here is one of my images, taken on Santa Monica Pier...

331371685_H5UfW-M.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Kathy,

Neverthelss, you have managed to capture this beautiful picture. "Oldie but Woodie" is an iconic car and this picture reflects the relaxed atmosphere of an evening at the Pier perfectly. Day turning into night and people strolling around, trying to decide where to go eat. All laid back, no one bothers that the traffic is being blocked. It is a great picture if you ask me.

Thanks for showing,

Cheers,

PS: I am certain that you must have been a perfect host for your guests and that they must have enjoyed their visit very much :)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Excellent Guess

Doug,

You win two tickets to the Ferris Wheel for that answer. Actually that is the stop light at the intersection of the pier and Ocean Avenue - and is east of the pier, but, we will not be too picky.

doug anderson

Doug,

You win two tickets to the Ferris Wheel for that answer. Actually that is the stop light at the intersection of the pier and Ocean Avenue - and is east of the pier, but, we will not be too picky.

Kathy: I spent a lot of time in that area, from Venice all the way up to the Santa Monica Pier, learning how to photograph. I lived in the Claremont/Pomona area from 1995 to 2001 and used put my equipment in the car and head out to the beach about every third weekend. My other photo destination was Joshua Tree.

D

Doug Kerr

Hi, Kathy,

Here is one of my images, taken on Santa Monica Pier...

I second Cem's comments - a stunning pic indeed, and a fabulous vehicle.

I particularly like the way the yellow finish is rendered.

What is the status of this vehicle that it does not have an orthodox front license plate (registered in Arizona or Alberta, perhaps, or maybe not registered for "street" use)?

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Claremont and Front License Plates

The Guy in the Woodie can actually get a ticket if he runs into a nasty policeman. It's not well enforced. The yellow is due to the street lighting. Taken without flash. I like this too. It's straight out of the camera.

The beach area there is wonderful to photograph. I could spend days there too. Actually anywhere on the Coast from San Diego to as far north as you can go.

doug anderson

The Guy in the Woodie can actually get a ticket if he runs into a nasty policeman. It's not well enforced. The yellow is due to the street lighting. Taken without flash. I like this too. It's straight out of the camera.

The beach area there is wonderful to photograph. I could spend days there too. Actually anywhere on the Coast from San Diego to as far north as you can go.

I didn't mention that I think its a terrific photo, that it takes me back, that it is visual poetry.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thank you

Thank you for your kind comments. It was one of those, look that way and snap as we were crossing the street. I will have to go back with the purpose of shooting and take more since it's been a long time since I'd shot there.