• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Model T

Jim Galli

At one of the many ranches, and I'll not disclose which one, we stopped at on the Nevada adventure last Monday, the rancher walked over to an ancient shed and threw open the doors.

Model_T.jpg

model T

Now this is only important if you spent the collective time mounting to years of your life daydreaming about finding this rancher and this shed. I would venture to state that finding a Model T Ford "in the rough" or "barn fresh" as we gearheads like to say has diminished to the point that this one may well be the last one on earth. The dust indicated it had languished here for many many years. The red wheels and headlight rings might indicate teenagers in the 1950's attempting a resurrection. The tires seemed fresh enough to make a start for Tonopah after a couple of hours of fiddling. You'd have to coax it off of the dynamite boxes first.

Nope, I left it for the next dreamer. I hope it remains undisturbed for another generation at least. Yes, Asher, I captured this with the 8X10 and the Petzval lens. Oh, that ones un-developed so far. This capture is with the Nikon D200.

Jim Galli

It would be a sin to ask! Anyways, no, this fellow doesn't sell anything. Indeed, he has enough that $$ don't tempt him. (I know, I tried)

Mike Shimwell

Jim, this is the stuff of dreams, but of course the hard reality here in Blightly tends to be many hours in a cold damp lock up garage away from family and friends. Our next will have to work on acquisition.

Lovely find though.

Mike

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jim,

At one of the many ranches, and I'll not disclose which one, we stopped at on the Nevada adventure last Monday, the rancher walked over to an ancient shed and threw open the doors.

Fantastic all around.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

If on your journeys you find a 19th century sewing machine, that's not expensive, (whatever that means) let me know!

Asher

Jim Galli

Jim,

If on your journeys you find a 19th century sewing machine, that's not expensive, (whatever that means) let me know!

Asher

Thanks everyone. Sure, there's bound to be one laying around somewhere. How about a 20th Century Singer Featherweight from about 1949? I bought it for my girls to learn to sew on but none of them really got very interested.