• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Greetings from Canberra

Nick Payne

I've had an interest in photography for a bit over half a century, since the age of about ten, when my father bought himself a new camera and gave me his old 35mm Zeiss Ikonta to use. As he had his own darkroom, I was able to develop and print my own film (B&W) from the start. As I've always tended to get around on foot or by bicycle, most of my photos over the years have been taken using a succession of good quality 35mm pocketable cameras - after the Zeiss Ikonta, I acquired a Rollei 35, then an Olympus XA, and finally a Ricoh GR1. Around 2002 I bought my first digital camera, but it wasn't until last year that I acquired a digital camera that I thought matched my compact film cameras for size and image - a Ricoh GR. I've also possessed a number of SLRs over the years, and a number of 6x6 and 6x7 cameras, but not being nearly as convenient to carry, they don't see as much use as the smaller cameras.

Over the last few years I have been gradually scanning my collection of negatives, using a Polariod Sprintscan 35+ that I bought cheap off eBay. Scanning them reasonably chronologically, I've worked my way through to about 1990 so far. There's a selection of the scanned 35mm B&W images here: https://picasaweb.google.com/njhp94/35mmScans?authkey=Gv1sRgCN7VyIeJ1aO-Dg.

My next project, once I finish scanning the 35mm images, will be to acquire a scanner capable of scanning my 120 film images.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I've had an interest in photography for a bit over half a century, since the age of about ten, when my father bought himself a new camera and gave me his old 35mm Zeiss Ikonta to use. As he had his own darkroom, I was able to develop and print my own film (B&W) from the start. As I've always tended to get around on foot or by bicycle, most of my photos over the years have been taken using a succession of good quality 35mm pocketable cameras - after the Zeiss Ikonta, I acquired a Rollei 35, then an Olympus XA, and finally a Ricoh GR1. Around 2002 I bought my first digital camera, but it wasn't until last year that I acquired a digital camera that I thought matched my compact film cameras for size and image - a Ricoh GR. I've also possessed a number of SLRs over the years, and a number of 6x6 and 6x7 cameras, but not being nearly as convenient to carry, they don't see as much use as the smaller cameras.

Over the last few years I have been gradually scanning my collection of negatives, using a Polariod Sprintscan 35+ that I bought cheap off eBay. Scanning them reasonably chronologically, I've worked my way through to about 1990 so far. There's a selection of the scanned 35mm B&W images here: https://picasaweb.google.com/njhp94/35mmScans?authkey=Gv1sRgCN7VyIeJ1aO-Dg.

My next project, once I finish scanning the 35mm images, will be to acquire a scanner capable of scanning my 120 film images.

Nick,

A huge welcome on behalf of everyone here! I personally appreciate so much to have someone devoted to the small form camera, allowing experience to build up and that skill to be layered on all subsequent work. You've done well!

Seeing some sets of images, say 3-6 of partygoers or just "Blue Gum Creek, Brindabella Ranges, 1984" or the fellow cycling in the snow, alone, would allow feedback and lively discussion that's specific to your work.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Welcome here Nick !!! :)

I like this photograph of yours !!

Scan-110325-0012.jpg

Last edited:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Good onya, Nick.
Those shots brought tears to my eyes. Times gone by and all that. It's nice to talk to another Aussie as well. Over-run with foreigners, we are. Nice enough people but don't talk our language if you know what I mean.
Keep those photos coming. Quality all the way.
Cheers
Tom

I can see the images from both of the last two links but maybe for some reason that doesn't count because we are in the same town. Very interesting selection they are too.