• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

BARGAIN join 4 photographers at the Hollywood Bowl Tues Night August 21st 2007!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Dvorjak and Prokofiev! August 21st with dinner! NOW ONLY 2 PLACES LEFT!

Join 4 of us!

A boxseat with the rich and famous at the Hollywood Bowl for a good cause: to help fund our temporary assistance to our OPF member Keith Kiiroja! This is another way of helping! Uniquely you get to enjoy an evening with some of the most wonderful people. We have received 6 box seats at the famous Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. How about the opportunity of a lifetime?

bowl_halflight_th_lg.jpg

Photo Credit: Courtesy of Hodgetts + Fung "Hollywood Bowl in half-light"​

Come dine with me at our fine table for 6!

Just 4 places available. We will dine with wine amongst the fine people who have the coveted choice box seats in at the Hollywood Bowl.

The Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra Concert
Stéphane Denève conductor

August 21st 2007 at 8:00 p.m.

Start with Bach/Stokowski Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor
Then the exquisite Violin concerto No. 2, Sergey Khachatryan, Violin
and to end the sublime evening the Symphony No. 8 by Dvorjak!​

Are you interested? Proceeds to help pay the rent and electric bill to allow Keith to keep his gear and get back on track as a freelance photographer. So far, we have provided a short-time reprieve. Keith will be able to do a shoot this weekend. We need more cash so how about getting in on this opportunity?

This is a $108 value. For $85 minimum donation for the fund and ($15 for your dinner), $100 ,(minimum) buys you a place at the table!

Thanks for being generous and enjoying the best music on the planet!

Join us for an enjoyable and perfectly splendid evening! Offer at least $100 per seat and you are in!

Asher

PRICE REDUCED TO $130 for the 2 remaing seats! Dont miss this great opportunity, great company, sublime music with dinner and wine!

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Here's a way to have a really enjoyable evening and help a special photographer get back on track with the fine work he does while giving love and care to his only child.

I hope you can celebrate our love for life and thanks for the portions we have by offering at least $100, (all except $15 for your dinner) will go to the Keith Kiikoja Support Fund.

Others have given that much and more. This it is hoped will encourage some more donations and get us another $340 to $800 if we are lucky.

I am just trying what ideas come to my head. If you have ideas, (or portable flash set up to donate) let us know!

Also tell us what do you think. Should OPF be doing this? You bet! Your comments are welcome!

Asher

If anyone feels it's not right to have such a fund, that's O.K. too. There is no instruction manual that comes with setting up a website for photography, so we're just winging it. Just posting elsewhere on OPF, also supports everything we want to do. Surpise us with you best photographs in another thread so we can celebrate what is great about what we see around us! No one needs to feel pressured to actually donate. Some simply cannot, and that's understandable.

We try to help each other with great pictures, technics and views on photography. This current project is still part of the Journey to making Great Pictures. There's nothing wrong with a bag of passhion in one's camera bag!

Asher Kelman

Only 2 seats left. Minimum price now $150 each box seat including dinner.

This opportunity won't come again!

The first two seats sold off immediately.

Join us! 4 Photographers to dine in style with me at the greatest outdoor Symphony venue in the world!

Asher

Asher Kelman

URGENT

We don't want the last two tickets to go to waste! Especially as the money goes to such a good cause. This is very much needed and you participation is valued,

Join us!

Price Reduced to $130 for two box office seats!! This is worth double!! So it's a superbargain!

It's tomoorw night in Los Angeles!

PM me and we'll talk.

You can pay for the seats in instalments if you wish!

Asher

Asher Kelman

PRICE REDUCED TO $130 for the 2 remaing seats! Dont miss this great opportunity, great company, sublime music with dinner and wine!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Asher,

That would be six seats in a box, Beethoven's Fifth, a 4 course dinner, three photographers, two pretty women and a bottle (or two) of wine. Now that is a bargain.

Asher Kelman

Guys,

Don't let the two seats go empty! I'll give the money on your behalf! Contact me if you can make it!

Asher

Barry Johnston

I'd love to join you.....

but I'm in Australia :-( ..... what a night that would be. If I could afford the time, I would love to visit you guys there. Although I have not heard the LAPO perform before, I'm quite sure they will be fantastic...... the Dvorjak symphony would be my favourite out of the proposed repertoire, but I'm sure you will enjoy them all. I wish I could be there.

Hope you enjoy your evening gentlemen (and ladies.....),

Regards,

Barry.

Asher Kelman

Barry,

Here's the deal: when you visit L.A. we'll take you! You will ove the experience. The Los Angeles Philharmonic is at the top of it's game and gives stellar moving well interpreted performances.

As it is, Kathy and Frank Rappaport joined us and I also invited my youngest son and one of my favorite models, Rebecca, so we had a great time!

The thing people can do now is to provide cash by PayPal or Check or else send a signed archival art print for us to sell.

This is an amazing community and we'll get together to help Keith each in our own way. If it's just good thoughts and perhaps a few encouraging words, that's fine too.

Asher

Barry Johnston

I'll look forward to it....

Many Thanks Asher.... it will certainly be something to look forward to... not sure when I'll be able to visit though.......

oh, and I'll have to get my medical insurance up to date {;-)

░░░░░:) guess who ?

Regards,
Barry