• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Camera broke... very depressed...sigh

Louis Doench

Ok, overstating things a bit. More specifically, I dropped my D1x with the flash attached (whilst pointedly not dropping the 4 month old)
1507253255_401099bd98_m.jpg

and the hotshoe popped off.

The responsibilities of stay at home dadness have already limited my range of subjects, now i'm even limited in that area. The 50mm 1.8 has taken up residence on the camera permanently, so i can still keep up with the snapshot duties, as long as its not too dark, but the whole episode has me very discouraged. There won't be any money in the budget for a replacement til after the windows are replaced in our luvly but old house.
so sigh...

sigh...

sigh...

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
What about Nikon Repair

I am assuming it's a Nikon - so what about sending it in for repair. I heard replacing the Hot Shoe is a piece of cake...

Louis Doench

sending a camera to nikon repair is like going to the mechanics when your check engine lights on. Next thing you know you need a $600 dollar brake job.

I will get it repaired at some point. Most likely what I'm gonna do is save up my pennies for a new camera (really wanty a K10d from pentax) then have the old beast converted to Infrared.

thanx
Lou