• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Jerome,

On your Flickr pages, these pictures are separate. Are they meant to be associated as a triptych here, or are they just placed close?

Also, on your Flickr page, below your photo stream, there are other pictures to explore, like a chick trying to stretch its skinny wings. Are these pictures that you select, or does Flickr choose them for you?

Asher

Jerome Marot

On your Flickr pages, these pictures are separate. Are they meant to be associated as a triptych here, or are they just placed close?

They are meant to be associated here, I made them touch on purpose.

Also, on your Flickr page, below your photo stream, there are other pictures to explore, like a chick trying to stretch its skinny wings. Are these pictures that you select, or does Flickr choose them for you?

I don't see other pictures to explore on flickr when I access the pictures above. I tried when logged out as well, and tried on a different computer and I still do not see a chick trying to stretch its skinny wings or anything of the kind.

Generally speaking, I am not presented with much beyond what I explicitly require to see when on the Internet. I don't have facebook, am not logged into social accounts, use adblock, clicktoflash and ghostery and regularly clear cookies. I find it better that way, since advertisements rarely if ever presented me with something I was interested in. The downside may be that I am not presented with pictures of a chick trying to stretch its skinny wings, because the network have no idea that this may interest me.

Lee Tracy

They are meant to be associated here, I made them touch on purpose.

I don't see other pictures to explore on flickr when I access the pictures above. I tried when logged out as well, and tried on a different computer and I still do not see a chick trying to stretch its skinny wings or anything of the kind.

Generally speaking, I am not presented with much beyond what I explicitly require to see when on the Internet. I don't have facebook, am not logged into social accounts, use adblock, clicktoflash and ghostery and regularly clear cookies. I find it better that way, since advertisements rarely if ever presented me with something I was interested in. The downside may be that I am not presented with pictures of a chick trying to stretch its skinny wings, because the network have no idea that this may interest me.

A man after my own heart. No FB, social media, ghostery, adblock, clicktoflash, no images except those I want to see, cookies clear automatically, no history, and the cache is cleared regularly.

Are we sensible or paranoid?

Asher Kelman

Now Jerome, I am orientated. Thanks for confirming what I suspected. Just wanted to be sure before I commented.

Somehow I imagined I was before a 3 meter high, boldly engaging print. The massive array of steel moved into the concrete. The stones lay above, a combination of strata of modern man and geological time.

To me this work seems to reference your interest in layers of culture as in the abandoned town occupied by young people, who lived, labored, argued and loved there for a while, before it was empty again and wiped off the map - a forgotten event in the remolding of the earth's crust!

Could be that you've been influenced by other art like this, but I do not, as yet, recall any similarly layered strata of such building elements, assembled as you have done here. It's solidly effective, and, (without explanation, except the symbol, "3"), allows the viewer's mind to bring to your work, ideas more weighted to the observer than to a curator's introduction of it.

I am enriched by this art, as it pushes boundaries for and opens new areas of contemplation and possibilities!

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Typed and corrected, despite "Siri" sneaking her own opinions in - Hermes!

Jerome Marot

A man after my own heart. No FB, social media, ghostery, adblock, clicktoflash, no images except those I want to see, cookies clear automatically, no history, and the cache is cleared regularly.

Are we sensible or paranoid?

I am not trying to hide, just trying to avoid being presented with things I do not want to buy.

Are you trying to hide? If so, you should not come to this forum, which requires real names. Although, of course, Lee Tracy is the name of a deceased american actor.

Jerome Marot

To me this work seems to reference your interest in layers of culture as in the abandoned town occupied by young people, who lived, labored, argued and loved there for a while, before it was empty again and wiped off the map

It is the same place, actually.

Asher Kelman

I would love to see how a group of social anthropologists and archeologists, just using your pictures and nothing else, might reconstruct the societies inhabiting this site.

What has happened iscataclysmic, equivalent to a new Pharaoh having taken the throne in ancient Egypt. Having disavowed the state religion, he moved the capital to somewhere else and destroyed what was important beforehand.

Asher

Jerome Marot

Would this be the picture in question?

I found out that I am presented with extra pictures when I connect with an iPhone. The extra pictures are part of "flickr explore", which is supposed to select the most "popular" pictures.

Asher Kelman

Would this be the picture in question?

I found out that I am presented with extra pictures when I connect with an iPhone. The extra pictures are part of "flickr explore", which is supposed to select the most "popular" pictures.

Exactly, that's the one, Jerome. I thought you'd selected these as meriting revisiting as your, "favorites"! Now I understand, they're push content to get one more involved!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Jerome,

Your work is so powerful and engaging!

Fragments of our lives and dreams,

The rippped up yellow tarp, impotent at best,

Two sets of perfect steps, waiting to go nowhere,

A chunk of paving slab chewed away like children's chocolate,

A dusting of pale dried leaves, as the sole honor to this epitaph!

Faint testimony to what was so well conceived, crafted and lost,

Cunning Nature just waits and all returns,

Everything comes home!

Tragic but true

None escape!

Not me,

Not you!​

Asher