• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Suggestion

Rachel Foster

Asher, hear me out before you scream... :)

I confess I'm addicted to Facebook. Every time I see a photo I like, I want to hit the "like" button. Currently, I'm not posting critiques of ANYTHING nor am I posting my own work. Last year I put my camera down and just recently picked it up again. I became too critical and lost my creativity and joy in shooting.

So, could we possibly have a like button for folks like me?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher, hear me out before you scream... :)

I confess I'm addicted to Facebook. Every time I see a photo I like, I want to hit the "like" button. Currently, I'm not posting critiques of ANYTHING nor am I posting my own work. Last year I put my camera down and just recently picked it up again. I became too critical and lost my creativity and joy in shooting.

So, could we possibly have a like button for folks like me?

Rachel,

I'd hoe that with all the education behind your eyes, that we'd get more than a simple, "like"!

I'd be interested in "like" with the whats, whys, how much, compared to what, with what regrets and so forth.

Still, I'll see what I can find.

Asher

Rachel Foster

I agree that a thoughtful, carefully considered critique is wonderful for helping both reviewer and photographer grow. But, for me right now, I have to back away from over-thinking images. I need to relearn how to have a simple emotional response without the analysis. Hopefully, at some point I can have both together (emotional and analytical).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I hope you won't be too self critical. I doubt you've really lost anything. Your core values are un assailable. Just because you face disappointments does not mean you set your path wrong or that you lack insight or judgement. You're as smart, sensitive and understanding s you always were.

However, some days it will even hail in Saudi Arabia and bears in Alaska won't catch even one salmon. That does not mean anything but that $hi# happens!

Meanwhile, I'll search vBulletin to see if there are capabilities for "likes" that you seek!

Asher