• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Good to Be Here!

R Vestal

Wow - ever since the change over at RG, we have been wondering where everyone went! I literally just stumbled on to this forum a few minutes ago - must have been on Mars or something!

It is very nice to see so many familar names, as well as many experienced experts in the different areas. Many, many thanks to Asher for making this possible!

We are mostly interested in wildlife, nature and landscape photograpy, as well as stock images, but are considering expanding our business model to weddings and portraits. We are life long Canon shooters and our workflow is PC based.

While I didn't post much over at RG, I certainly lurked a lot and learned even more from people who so willingly gave their time. I'm hopeing to return some of those contributions over here and be much more active.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome!

I enjoyed browsing your website. Interesting that the picture IR2453 of the building which converges and is uncorrected, looks interesting whereas if the building was corrected, it might be boring.

Question: do you have a shot of the whole building? Was this a lens are artistic choice limitation?

We look forward to your active participation. Feel free to post links to your pictures for discussion!

The idea is to post one picture or several related pictures that are needed to cover a question, as opposed to just a show an tell, which belongs in the Cafe.

Again, glad you found OPF. Post and get your friends here too!

Asher

Asher

R Vestal

Hi, Asher:

Thanks for the kind words. It is interesting that you should pick that particular image to comment on, as I just about didn’t post it on the web site as I initially felt that the converging lines might take away from the architectural details. In the end, however, the corrected image was, as you say, boring, and looked more like a snapshot, so I decided to leave it “as is”. I think it added a bit more interest uncorrected.

This is from a well-known French castle – Chambord – located in the Loire Valley. This is a shot taken from the enclosed interior court yard and the perspective distortion came from a severe tilting of the camera upward. We have other images of the entire castle, but you have probably seen them before. :)

Thanks again for the comments!