• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Apprentices

Young students drawing on banks of the Seine...

lesquaisdessinateursa4rz8.jpg

Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Tri-X 400, film scan

Nice one Cedric, I like the downward angle & contrast with the black water a lot. What film scanner do you have? You can't use digital ice for clean-up with B&W, or couldn't when I last read up on it. Did you have much cleaning to do?
Cheers
Mike

Nice one Cedric, I like the downward angle & contrast with the black water a lot. What film scanner do you have? You can't use digital ice for clean-up with B&W, or couldn't when I last read up on it. Did you have much cleaning to do?
Cheers
Mike

Thank you Mike. Well, i use a poor scanner, one included in my Canon MP970 printer. I don't have advanced feature like ICE... But, to be honest about my scanner, it is very slow (6 minutes to scan a BW picture with 4800 dpi resolution and 16bits depth) but offers very clean files : i don't have any problem with noise. My problem is with definition : scanned images are not really sharp, i think that my scanner's lens is not very precisely focused. With a "big grain" film as Tri-X 400, it doesn't matter because grain is much bigger than scanner's resolution, but with high resolution films as Velvia 50, i hardly get good sharp files.