• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Treat

ashik ikbal

Urban crows are scavengers. This species make out of anything thrown away.
They should be valued for their job.

Outlined them little colorfully.

ai3j.jpg

DLibrach

Hi Ashik,

This is a very interesting and unusal image. I really like the look and feel of it and it instantly made me think of a local artis who paints in a similar style (Ivan Murphy).

What was your intention with this image? What were you trying to convey?

If I can critique it a bith though, I do find the image slightly unbalanced with the unconventional dimensions of the image. I wonder too what it would look like had you treated the crows differently. The rough cut and paste job of the crows is bit distracting. Was this intentional?

Cheers,
David

ashik ikbal

thanks David, you are right... cut and paste job of the crows is bit distracting. actually the image was shot in lower resolutions.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
thanks David, you are right... cut and paste job of the crows is bit distracting. actually the image was shot in lower resolutions.
Ashik,

This idea is worth following up on. Might you consider doing this in high resolution, taking more care in design and execution? We hope that this forum might stimulate folk to take their work to a higher level. This way we all do better. So are you interested in looking at your work this way?

You can do a fiddle and have fun or you can make a steady progress towards something that you will appreciate for a long time.

Asher

james sperry

hello ashik,
if this perception is totally off from the other viewers, i just want you to know, i look at the image first, reply and then read the thread. lol... i want an unbiased view for myself. my first perception when i see the photograph is ... "egyptian". i guess it's the colors and the crows themselves. although the shapes don't resemble 'egyptian' in anyway, i just feel a 21st century vibe from it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
hello ashik,
if this perception is totally off from the other viewers, i just want you to know, i look at the image first, reply and then read the thread. lol... i want an unbiased view for myself. my first perception when i see the photograph is ... "egyptian". i guess it's the colors and the crows themselves. although the shapes don't resemble 'egyptian' in anyway, i just feel a 21st century vibe from it.

James, that's exactly as I thought, a tomb painting! It's the birds that do it!

asher