• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Reine en Cristal

Charlotte Thompson

Portrait shot of me by William Blackford
Overlay work-Charlotte Thompson

a gift given to me a few days ago of a magnificant crystal chime so I did an overlay with me as the center point
the chimes of such beauty go way back in childhood memory-

cHARLOTTE2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Another overlay with the same theme but a bit different
comments and crit welcome-

Charlotte-

Collages34.jpg

Could you post this one smaller so my mind can receive it from a white background. It's too big at the moment. Keep these pictures to 650-700 pixels or less in height, so they can be seen in some space by folks with a decent laptop. 800 pixels height is too large for routine use. When they are as large as you show them, I can't grasp them as "one thing", rather, I'm too close to it, like being nose on a painting and not being able to get the sense of the whole thing.

For width, we can easily go to 800 pixels or wider where the scene is detail rich. We only need very large images for such demanding exceptional scenes.

Thanks,

Asher

Asher Kelman

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for taming the size. It does make the images more user-friendly.

cHARLOTTE2-1.jpg

The first picture I have not managed to link to or enter it's world. I don't want to dismiss it, but the title Crystal Queen, itself, is to clearly drawn. There's no effect of the crystals. This degrades any thematic sensibility of the work. I see this as a concept but not as a picture to interest me, as yet.

The second image, again is spoiled by a perfect typeface with the word Carnival, who's form and slop don't work with the image behind it. This again damages the presented image as it disturbs the universe that you are presenting to us, saying this is "NOT". Still this better.

Collages34-1.jpg

Still, the second picture is more of a work with some texture, movement and identity that deserves stopping to pay attention. This is not, like the first picture to be dismissed. I'd rather it was not cropped so tightly. There's more to see.

This should be in "Riskit!" as a long term defined project. Why not outline this as a project. Perhaps you might choose a title, Using myself as a ............. "

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

thanks for your crit
I guess I should have noted "Carnival" is a book cover for a book of poems to be published this Summer- the work was requested by another writer who also happens to like my overlay work
"Crystal Queen" is an excercise in digital art- as for portraits
another venue if you will-
again thanks for your always welcomed thoughts!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

Asher

thanks for your crit
I guess I should have noted "Carnival" is a book cover for a book of poems to be published this Summer- the work was requested by another writer who also happens to like my overlay work

Then it should be defined, bolder, larger and and have the author too! The text would be expected to be more significant for a book cover. Have they agreed on this lettering? It would surpise me. When there is lettering on a cover, it really has to capture attention immediately. Discovering the word "Carnival", is effortless, but it's hardly an eye-stopper.

Just look at a bunch of book covers in a store and you'll see what I mean. Good luck on that project anyway. It's great they like your work.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

The cover and words are on the author request-
I work in poetry world and these book covers go like this-

it is a Carnival of "poems"
it isn't finished yet

Charlotte-