• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Accès Interdit

Cem_Usakligil

accesinterdit1.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Texture

Cem !

This is lovely. I would love to see this printed! It's magnificient. The textures are incredible.

I had a chance to play with printing in my last class in Lightroom and PS4 and I have become of fan of printing. I think that seeing digital files on screen now we are missing so much.

Oh I wish I could see it printed and in person...great image.

Cem_Usakligil

Access granted...

accesinterdit2.jpg

Well folks, this was it from me! Recently I have posted various images dear to me, images with which I have tried to convey a vision and the associated emotions. Asher refers to them as my "portals in time". One remark made by Asher has struck a cord with me when he wrote:
…Once again, you have placed your picture within a dichotomy of choice. Up v. down, in versus out, now v. then, present v. past. Interestingly in your pictures in these series with "Portals", there's so far, no suggestion of "future"!

As it happens, I actually have all the good reasons for looking forward to a great future. Next week I'll start my new job; a job which I am very, very enthusiastic about. But it is also a huge challenge and I want to tackle it with my undivided attention.

So then, this is goodbye from me. Thanks for all your friendship and wisdom in good times and in bad times. I have learnt so much from all of you in the past 3 years, you have certainly helped improve my photography and accordingly change my life for the better. So go forth and multiply the joy of photography.

PS: Please feel free to keep in touch personally (just send me a PM for my email address). I'll keep on sharing my images through my web site http://usakligil.com (please note that it is not active yet and will become operational by the end of March)

Cheers,

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Once more, I do like much more the color version… the closure of windows and fence made by the flower pots are more obvious to me…

For the rest of your comment, you have a PM!
I am so happy that you found a new job so quickly! I do wish the same for all others who are in the same situation than you were some days ago…

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

Next week I'll start my new job; a job which I am very, very enthusiastic about. But it is also a huge challenge and I want to tackle it with my undivided attention.
Hearty congratulations. I'm sure you will more than master the challenges.

So then, this is goodbye from me.

Well, I hope not completely, or permanently.

I have certainly emjoyed your colleagueship and in fact friendship during our intersections in this arena. Thanks for all you have given to all of us.

Warmest regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
accesinterdit2.jpg

Well folks, this was it from me! Recently I have posted various images dear to me, images with which I have tried to convey a vision and the associated emotions. Asher refers to them as my "portals in time". One remark made by Asher has struck a cord with me when he wrote:

As it happens, I actually have all the good reasons for looking forward to a great future. Next week I'll start my new job; a job which I am very, very enthusiastic about. But it is also a huge challenge and I want to tackle it with my undivided attention.
Hi Cem,

I do prefer this picture in color as, like the chapel with the bowl, it shows the special color of hte plaster and the patina of time.

You new job is exciting. What's especially satisfying to me is the friendship you have made with other OPF and your generosity in the time you have spent commenting on other photographer's pictures and helping with administration.

We all have to balance between work family and hobbies. You photography has grown since you first posted and the last series which I call portals I find especially valuable. Of course, your clouds, reflections in the canals and so many others have earned a following. Unfortunately, the interest people have is poorly reflected in posts to comment in the thread. This is particularly upsetting as passive interest does not fuel the discussion.

Still, you have made your mark. I will follow your new photography and we'll celebrate in Holland together! In the meanwhile, you are part of the fabric of OPF and we are not going to change a thing. you have earned your place and no one can take it! You deserve a rest, but not too long this time!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Hi Cem,

I like the color one better. Additionally it appears to me to be much more uplifting and in tune with
you having found yourself a new job. I am sure you shall make us proud in your new profession too!

My best wishes go with you. I shall miss you at OPF, but not for too long though!

I have been fortunate to have shared your photography with you here.

PM sent.

Warmest regards.

accesinterdit2.jpg

So then, this is goodbye from me. Thanks for all your friendship and wisdom in good times and in bad times. I have learnt so much from all of you in the past 3 years, you have certainly helped improve my photography and accordingly change my life for the better. So go forth and multiply the joy of photography.

PS: Please feel free to keep in touch personally (just send me a PM for my email address). I'll keep on sharing my images through my web site http://usakligil.com (please note that it is not active yet and will become operational by the end of March)

Cheers,