• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Help Me Decide Please!

James Lemon

i-sHS4kmM-L.jpg

i-tsRwhrM-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

It's pretty straightforward, Jim! The first picture has a live bird and is magnificent. There' a sense of wry wit! I like that. The second picture, shows that bird has been stuck on a walking stick and now is lifeless. The bird as a friend is gone the fellow seems whipped.

I go for the magnificent every time!

Asher :)

Andy brown

Yeah, first one for sure.
And who doesn't love an ageing lethario.
Tell him to get his bloody hair cut though.

James Lemon

It's pretty straightforward, Jim! The first picture has a live bird and is magnificent. There' a sense of wry wit! I like that. The second picture, shows that bird has been stuck on a walking stick and now is lifeless. The bird as a friend is gone the fellow seems whipped.

I go for the magnificent every time!

Asher :)

Hello Asher

Makes perfect sense..Thank you for your insight much appreciated!

James

James Lemon

Yeah, first one for sure.
And who doesn't love an ageing lethario.
Tell him to get his bloody hair cut though.

Hi Andy

Thanks for your feedback. I don't think I could talk him into that unless I could convince him of becoming a Dolphin.

James

Jarmo Juntunen

I like them both my prefer #2. While the first one leans towards a more traditional portrait, the second one makes this person really alive.

James, both images have their unique qualities. I like the first one for the warmth in his face but I don't like the bird without context. It doesn't look real and makes no sense to me.
So I prefer the second as although he is a bit more stoic, I like that we see his cane with the bird and I like seeing all the rings and the shirt cuffs with cufflinks. I also like his long hair - and don't think a haircut would suit him in the least. He's got a gorgeous head of hair and it suits him and his persona. So I would go with the second.
:)
Maggie

James Lemon

I like them both my prefer #2. While the first one leans towards a more traditional portrait, the second one makes this person really alive.

Hello Jarmo

Thank you for your input! I think I see what you are saying maybe its the catch lights in the eyes that
make him feel more alive.

James

James Lemon

James, both images have their unique qualities. I like the first one for the warmth in his face but I don't like the bird without context. It doesn't look real and makes no sense to me.
So I prefer the second as although he is a bit more stoic, I like that we see his cane with the bird and I like seeing all the rings and the shirt cuffs with cufflinks. I also like his long hair - and don't think a haircut would suit him in the least. He's got a gorgeous head of hair and it suits him and his persona. So I would go with the second.
:)
Maggie

Hi Maggie

Much appreciated comments! I think the context for the eagle is the person himself who dresses in a fashion to emulate the eagle. His hair does sort of represent the bald head of an eagle with its white feathers.

" Among the Pueblo tribes, eagles are considered one of the six directional guardians, associated with the upward direction, spirituality, and balance. The Zunis carve stone eagle fetishes for protection, ascribing to them both healing and hunting powers, and the Eagle Dance is one of the most important traditional dances held by the Hopi and other Pueblo tribes. In the mythology of some tribes, Eagle plays a leadership role (either as king of the birds, or as a chief who humans interact with.) In other legends, Eagle serves as a messenger between humans and the Creator. The golden eagle, also known as the "war eagle," is particularly associated with warriors and courage in battle, and it is golden eagle feathers that were earned by Plains Indian men as war honors and worn in their feather headdresses. (In some tribes, this practice continues to this day, and eagle feathers are still given to soldiers returning from war or people who have achieved a great accomplishment.) In some Northwest Coast tribes, the floor used to be dusted with eagle down at potlatches and other ceremonies as a symbol of peace and hospitality."

James