• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: I opened my window..

fahim mohammed

and gazed out. The only sound was birds, far away maybe an eagle, the pitter patter of light raindrops,
punctuated by a light drizzle. Covered by a fog. The sun fighting to get through; and failing.

Made myself a coffee.

And just stared outside.

I was thankful I was alive to bathe in this serenity. See the magnificence of nature, the grandeur of it all.

Softly thought about the great paintings I had seen in galleries and museums around the world, the poets and the writers that I had read, the photographers, the artists and the grand craftsmen throughout history, and the time in the future yet to come.

Then I turned to face the panorama that was sketched before me. All it needed was me to see, and contemplate in silence. What words, what pictures could be made to hang in this gallery of Galleries.

p1919649792-6.jpg

fahim mohammed

It is early morning. I am in rural China. I have been here for almost a week now. Far removed from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou ( which to lovers of colonial days might be familiar as Canton..)

I have got accustomed to the flute and the birds. I know it is morning. I can hear distant human voices too.

The farmers are the earliest risers. I make myself a cup of coffee ( I brought a large supply of medicines, and ready-mix instant coffee ).

Step outside, feel the fresh unpolluted air. Look right; and then left. Left, today, I decide.

p1989063278-6.jpg

p.s. For my friend Doug...a lover of prime numbers. 4 photos in this series so far.
2X2. A simpler, and the only other non-solution to share the attributes of Euler's 6X6 soldiers problem.

Of course, instead of adding ' 1 ' ; one could subtract ' 1 ' . And get the prime ' 3 '. Or subtract 3, to get ' 1 '. Now with these four images alone, we are already going around in circles :)
Of course, for lovers of addition..add ' 1 ' to get '5'. ' Add '3 ' to get ' 7 '.

For the Koenigsberg ( spelling ? ) problem's solution..Euler is said to have thought that ' reason ' is required; rather than the services of a mathematician!! Indeed. He forgot to add that ' reason ' is required for more than solving how to get about town.

fahim mohammed

There are other ways to avoid the traffic!!

I shall let you know, how I did it. Simple..but takes time. I had all the time :)

p2044716687-6.jpg