• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Exhibition" Pictures for Discussion and Questions A Call for your immediate attention: Exhibition in Los Angeles May 2015

Antonio Correia

I just happen to pick this one! It needs siblings. In a show, we would like to present sets of images where some thread of neighborliness is evident by sharing in common some motif or set of colors, shapes or feeling. They should be different but clearly members of the same family or community of experience.
The three you have shown right now, are each a downpayment of what you have yet to reveal! We want to present your well and increase the chances of sales. Each set of work must uplift the entire exhibition. Isolated pictures, unless of something quite exceptional, generally by an artist with avid following, do note get the same attention as members of a coherent series.
Asher

Well said Asher. You are absolutely right !

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Be careful these folk don't walk out of the frames.......I am fearful of the "walking dead"!

Still, thanks for the delivery of two more red leafy ones!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Please send me a link to all the photographs you want considered. I already have that from Nicolas Claris, Jerome Marot and Nicolas Genette.

Did I miss anyone out.

Antonio, I can use the pictures you have here.

I will write to everyone.

Good luck.

I will need the pictures in Los Angeles already framed or ready to be framed in the next3.5 to 4 weeks.

Once you have the pictures decided, we'll calculate the actual costs involved. I intend to have postcard printed for each photographer with their artist's statement.

Asher

Chris Calohan

Asher, I've been given permission to shoot the Schooner, Columbia I posted a few weeks back and want to wait to see who those prints translate befor making any permanent decisons. I will be doing the shoot this coming week so still have ample time to do a final submission.

Asher Kelman

Asher, I've been given permission to shoot the Schooner, Columbia I posted a few weeks back and want to wait to see who those prints translate befor making any permanent decisons. I will be doing the shoot this coming week so still have ample time to do a final submission.

Good luck Chris!

Get your eyes on everything and consider macro shots as well, everything from rope, reflections in the water, paint coming off, rusty tackle. Have a ball, but concentrate on the picture being balanced so that each part is needed. If you do obliques, watch out for dead areas where nothing is happening. The idea, I am learning is photographs are more than just what the subject is. The entire frame is the photograph.

Get me pictures ASAP so I can give them to the Jurists for review.

Asher

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Hi All,

I would thanks all involved in this exhibition and particularly Asher, who don't count his time making this possible.
Really nice to show my work in United States for first time. Many art customers say it would be a better market for me, so I hope it will run nice.

I won't have time to be there, but really would have been. I put a lot of myself in each photographs and prints, so I hope no one will hold it against me.

Again, thanks Asher and OPF!

Asher Kelman

I completely agree with Nicolas.
I am also very grateful for this - once in a life time - opportunity.
Thank you Asher ! :)

Thanks Antonio, Nicolas and all of you stalwarts who support our effort to show some of our best work in a major art market. Most galleries already have the artwork 6months before the exhibition. We have to filter selections from all over the world.....and then mount and frame them coherently.

There's a black hole that has settled around me that devours all scraps of time and energy. However, your devotion and support make this worthwhile. I am so proud and privileged to handle such diverse and well seen photography. I pray that our joint effort pays off handsomely for everyone so we continue to an exhibit in 2016 and a Museum for International Photography to travel to schools, colleges and libraries so people will be exposed to your wonderful work.

We can promise to show and represent your work well but we cannot guarantee results. We will strive to get emails to be able to "follow up" with a newsletter"

So as we close in on the date, recheck your prints and bless them!

Thanks,

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher, They say "Life without Art is just eh" Thank you for the support of my work. I am super excited to say the least! The best to all!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

I wish everyone who is currently printing files an easy time. Make sure that there is a 0.5" margin (ie 1.3 cm) all around the print if we are going to over matte and the window will then meet the edge of the actual ink on the paper.

For those revealing a signature, of course, the margin has to be sufficient below the lower edge of the actual printed image, so that there is room on that paper to sign your name with a soft pencil or compté crayon in a delicate non bold way. If your are signing below to be revealed, then you will want a margin all the way round. Review the previous instructions each of you downloaded. Don't hesitate to shoot me a note if any question arises.

Remember to also add the number in the series, such as 1/8 or whatever it is. Y

ou can, if you so wish, send more 1 or additional copies which can be matted but not framed and sold as is when the first copy is sold. But they must also be signed to be sold!

However, if it's a stretch for your finances, take this one step, go slowly and consider sending more in 2016 when we do the next LA show in January or February.

Good luck and let me know when you ship the prints. Remember to add card/styrofoam backing to prevent the shipping gorillas from deforming these precious packages package!

Please, no peanuts. Boxes with peanuts cannot be handled as it's impossible to recover all the electrostatically charged fragments that stick on to everything, including the preparator's glasses! If she discovers peanuts, the box will be closed and returned!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Just to make sure we all do the right things! Check the following and send me a PM with the details of your decisions so can handle the print preparation according to your wishes.

You will be invoiced for that actual cost of mounting prints. no markups are made, of course. Respond by PM so I have all the responses in one place.

SELECT ONE OF:

FEDEX UPS DHL (do not mail!!!!)

EXPECTED DATE OF DELIVERY……………………No later than Friday March 27th

Asher Kelman
OPF/Gallery One
522 N. Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills
CA 90210

For overseas photographers, include this wording on the forms: “For exhibition Only. To be returned after exhibition.”
Insure your shipment

we need:

• Dimensions: Please list height first, width second for each print

• Title, date, edition number, medium (i.e. silver gelatin print, c-print, or archival pigment print)

SIGNATURE: see below

• Signature on each work must be very unobtrusive. Avoid ceremonial, complex art designs in signature, and please use light pencil or light conté crayon on glossy inkjet paper, or you may sign on back, (“on verso”). No ink should be used anywhere on the artwork and no signature should be inside the picture space. These recommendations are in line with what a curator or serious collector would expect.

• If you want your signature to show, then here are the choices:

If you use a matte paper on an A2 or smaller print, then we will make the overmat window larger so that your signature will be revealed below the print on the undermount or, for matte paper, on the border of the print itself

If you are printing on gloss/semi glossy paper, you might sign in conté crayon, which looks similar to pencil. You may want to test on a remnant of your printing paper first!

If you have a print substantially larger than A2, (~16”x20”) paper size and you have allowed a white border of photographic paper/inkjet paper around the print, a signature can show in that white border, or you may sign on the back of the print before mounting.

If you trim the print to the actual picture edge, and mount it on archival board and then sign on the under-board beneath the picture, then we will overmat it to reveal the signature.

• If you mount and overmat your own pictures, you will save some money. However, we still need to know exact dimensions of the final mounted picture including the undermount and overmount. Borders should be as follows:

• Mat border size on prints: 3”, 3.5”, 4”, 4.5” (7.5cm, 10cm, 12.5cm)

• If we do the mounting, let us know if you want your print either centered in window or above center (bottom-weighted)

For large prints to frame without overmats, please allow from 2 to 5 inches of white border, depending on your artistic taste.

SEND PM ON THIS: We need to know exactly sizes to be framed including any matte. In a white frame, you only need a white border on the print paper and the print to be mounted on archival card. I can do framing here at low cost if you are fast.If folk delay, it will become very hard for me. If each of us works fast, I can do a superb job.Very large prints will be one print high. A frame size of 24" high by 28" wide can be stacked two, ones above the other on a 10 ft high wall. However, 28" high frames can not so easily be shown this way.

Smaller prints might work two high. Generally, smaller prints can have large matts around them or else be printed on a larger sheet of archival paper.

I need to map out the entire booth, lighting, store room chaos, table, postcards etc. The first item which MUST be done now is to give me the final measurements the picture (+ mount if you need one) so I will know what size the frame is and allocate wall space.

Print with white border and after you mounting on archival board, we frame here. I need the size of the paper.

or Print and add (or plan for me to add matte and backing).

Anyway, give final matted and mounted size so as to allow me order the mattes and get frames wholesale and give you exact pricing costs which hwill be very inexpensive.

Do not frame in glass! If the picture has glass, change it for plexiglass or send it unframed. Glass never arrives intact!

Let me know when the prints will arrive. give time in case one or more print is somehow in need of being reprinted. Decide on prices.

Send insured to my address which I have already sent you by PM. If you lost it, ask again in a PM

POSTCARDS:

Professionally brilliantly printed in full color on Heidelberg offset press. Price is about $180 for 500. We have chosen one of the finest printers in the States, as we are interested in the very highest quality for this endeavor. The 500 4”x5” cards are to be given away at booth, allowing about 150 or so per day to those interested in your work. I’ll reserve a minimum of 20-30 to send to you after the show.​

I also want a card printed with the following picture at $180 per set of 500 cards

• 1. Title………………………………………………$180

• 2. Title ……………………………………………. $180

• 3.Title……………………………………………… $180

• TOTAL…………………………………………………………….x $180= ……$…………….

Asher Kelman

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please copy this and, if you wish and are able, replace the image with one of your own and send it to your friends.

2015-Photo-Contemporary-Evite-2.jpeg

Send it to everyone with a link back here so we can get more buzz. We are doing the same. Our booth is at the front of the entire exhibition, so we should have good visibility and traffic.

Note on the side you put your name and opf GALLERY One

Good luck to everyone!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

The only piece I could fit in.

Fill in the white at the sides with black! You can actually fit in any picture. Just make up the reat with black! If you cant do that, send it to me.

Asher

Robert Watcher

Exciting for all involved. Coming up very soon now. I hope it is a success - - - and yes, would be wonderful to see photos of the setup. :)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Two series:

BANGLADESH! and Monday Night

2015-Photo-Contemporary-Evite.gif

[EDIT]Animated gif won't work on Facebook… it works on Twitter[/EDIT]