• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New to the Forums...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi all, my name's Chad McClarnon and I'm a photographer in Nashville, TN. My website is

http://www.cwmphoto.com

it's just been entirely redesigned and I've started a blog. Check em out and let me know what you think.
Hi Chad,

Welcome to OPF. I have just walked through your website and looked at each picture with fascination and interest. These at least approach excellence. They are, overall, some of the finest individual photographer's collections I have seen on the internet. Many of these pictures would be the reason for a table top book on photography is purchased. You have spanned landscape, portrait and lifestyle and touched on glamour. In spite of my dislike of flash, your website is awfully efficient, fast and easy to use.

Three large images, each inviting, dominate the front page. We discover that each represents one gallery. These are presented in that now popular form of a central image and a bottom strip of icons. This design is available commercially. But where did yours come from?

I hope you will show a steady stream of your photographs and tell us the purpose/idea, context and some technicals. I can tell you that I had a pleasure in visiting with you through your pictures.

Asher

BTW, you might consider increasing the font size for click through to galleries and think about whether the lower central click through for email belongs there. It distracted me at first and was annoying to get my email browser activated. Perhaps this should be under "Contact" at the side.

Chad McClarnon

thanks for the great comments!

Thanks so much, Asher, for the great comments! The album design that I currently use is called Bananalbum and it's written by Rudin Swagerman. Licenses for it are cheap and it's easy to customize. I've hacked it apart a fair amount, but the underlying code is his and the original production of it was done through JAlbum.

I made the gallery links on the bottom of the splash small because I was hoping users would use the images to go to various portfolios, but I needed the text links on the page for google. I know having the logo link to my email is annoying, but I'm in the process of updating my logo a bit, and that will be changed then.

I don't know if you made it through to the Blog at all, but it's powered by Wordpress and I'm using a considerably hacked apart version of Humidor by Evan Eckard, that in the next couple of days is probably going to get hacked up more as I don't really care for the tabbed buttons at the top.

thanks again, and keep a watch on my blog, I hope to be posting to that regularly.

Chad,

I just browsed your website and I have to say I was also intrigued by your photos.... you have such a wide range of photos in there and they are all very interesting to look at and very pleasing to the eye.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Trudy,

Welcome to you! Thanks for jumping in and saluting another new guy. I too have been impressed with Chad's work. He's very talented. I'll be featuring his work in a review.

Asher

oli murugavel

Hi Chad,

Just went through your website and really had a nice time! The photos are so emotive and wonderful..! Keep posting more photos so that i can learn more from you!