• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Apple Store (images)

apple_logo.jpg

Not the cleanest image, but could not resit the photo op when two apple employees where cleaning the huge logo on top of the brand new store in Manhattan, the third after one on Fifth Av. and Soho, last Friday at 6pm.

The crowd of people that came to get a T shirt and other souvenirs was enormous and the three floor store, the biggest in the city, with large windows illuminated this three street corner of what used to be a back alley of the city and now is quickly becoming a super chick shopping district connected to an important center for the art world at West Chelsea.

more images in my ZBLOG here http://leonardobarreto.com/zBlog.html#

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Leonardo,

The apple store that impressed m the most was the one in 5th avenue New York walking distance from Central Park!

I wonder who does the architecture?

They love to use glass and glass staircases.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I'll also be dropping by the Apple stores, as I'll be in NYC 6th thru 10th March.

Uh ho… we'll be there within the same days… looks like NY OPF members will have to dress a big table in one of their studio, I'm sure Asher would cross the country for an exceptional NY OPF meeting!

Who would join?
Who would accept to dress the table?

I am always here, but do not have studio, sorry. I am sure we can think about something to do, and a place to meet. I should contact the Camera Club, I know they moved to a new location, and I used to be member long time ago, we could organize some workshop, or just make a round table about the meaning of photography...

nicolas claris

That sounds good!

Maybe just exchanging experiences, some nice food… and get to know each other better…
Would be good to know who wishes to join so we may identify some common interests…

Studio was just an idea to get some room…

PS I'll bring my iPhone! and my 1Ds3 of course…

ron_hiner

This is perilously close to a seed that could lead to a plan if we are not careful.

Count me in.

Perhaps a better option would be a walking tour of little italy, chinatown, chelsea? Ending of course somewhere were we can share pictures of the day. I think the apple store has a big meeting room that might work for this. We all want to see the output of Asher's M8 -- and he's been shy with the pics. Didn't he mention a while back that he's going to be in NYC this spring? Its not really spring yet in March, however.

I think the apple store in Chelsea has some sort of meeting room -- I know they have regular speaker engagements there. The new store is a lot bigger... but I'm guessing.

Ron

nicolas claris

I think the apple store in Chelsea has some sort of meeting room -- I know they have regular speaker engagements there. The new store is a lot bigger... but I'm guessing.

Ron

Good idea Ron

Who could check this info? it would be quite 'smart' to have a meeting there!

PS Asher's plan is earlier but I'm not desesperate to have him change his mind ;-)

The new store has three floors, mac products on first, iPod second and the top level is service only. They have a new program for this store only with workshops called labs to master their programs for free ! at the moment I am mastering a few other things, so will probably pass, but seams like a good deal.

I sent an email to The Camera Club of NY and I'm waiting for their answer, I think that a connection between the club and this forum could be established. I know that they organize lectures there... I spent some time Monday making a profile of my digital back with a friend that has a good software for doing this and the result was interesting but is one of this areas of photography that can squeeze the last quality push out of your way of shooting, so personally I would like to have a workshop on profiles for all digital cameras.

We would only have to iron a few things: find the place, the speaker, the participants and date/time. After that its piece of granola bar...

John_Nevill

Any news on an impromptu OPF meet up in NYC over the weekend of 8/9th March?

My Sister's other half and I will definitely be in town 7th-10th and even it means grabbing a beer locally, while our other halves shop, it would great to put a face to some OPF names.

nicolas claris

We just had to postpone our trip to USA (previously planned in March) to October as I have photoshoots assignments (in Slovenia and Turkey) at that time… too bad but NYC should be nice in October too!

Asher was here in NY and we got together for some face time. I had a fantastic time while with Asher -- and his ever present 5D/50mm--. We took the subway then the ferry to Staten Island and back, no time fore much more than a quick visit to B&H, but it was a good experience.