• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: A story is told

fahim mohammed

of a child. It is said that there once lived a young child, long time ago; amongst the people of the valley
and the mountains.

The child had heard of a magical land, beyond the mountains. Stories of large birds that flew the people
over the land, the rivers whose waters made music. The trees that grew to the sky; and would bend so that the fruit could be plucked by man.

The child longed to see that land, beyond the two mountains; was it true?

p25819814.jpg

The day came when the child crossed the mountains to find out what lay beyond.
He found nothing. He had stopped being a child. The child had grown up.

The innocence of a child had been lost. The child had become a man. And the land?
That is another story, for another time. Does it exist? Ask any child.

Jarmo Juntunen

Why not ask any man? I hope we don't loose that kid who wants to believe into the impropable as we grow up. Or if we do, that we can rediscover him later on.

Fahim, this is one fantastic landscape. The jagged mountains drew my attention. Certainly one of those places on earth where you can admire nature's beauty and feel terrified at the same time.

fahim mohammed

Why not ask any man? I hope we don't loose that kid who wants to believe into the impropable as we grow up. Or if we do, that we can rediscover him later on.

Fahim, this is one fantastic landscape. The jagged mountains drew my attention. Certainly one of those places on earth where you can admire nature's beauty and feel terrified at the same time.

Jarmo, thank you so very much for stopping by. And your kind words.

Jarmo, I fortunately get to be a child almost everyday..telling stories to my grand children. I guess the world itself has grown much older.

My best regards to you.

Fahim, a wonderful magical image of an ancient place that your story does well to enhance.

It almost seems churlish to raise technical points but I wonder whether the image could be improved. Perhaps you may prefer to leave things as they are but I suspect the image could improve from holding back the bright mountains in the background and also the sky, even say 20 or 30%. Probably easier to do in Vivesa than Lightroom or Photoshop. Then maybe subtly brightening the foreground and mid-ground. And maybe hold back the sharpening on the stupa (if that's what they are) and the near left rock, where there are halos.

Just as it is, though, it remains a magical image that makes you want to step into it and explore the buildings.

fahim mohammed

Fahim

Incredible beauty
what a fantastic shot!!! Magic my friend-

Charlotte-

Charlotte.

Thank you very much for your lovely comment.

My best wishes to you and yours.

Fahim, a wonderful magical image of an ancient place that your story does well to enhance.

It almost seems churlish to raise technical points but I wonder whether the image could be improved. Perhaps you may prefer to leave things as they are but I suspect the image could improve from holding back the bright mountains in the background and also the sky, even say 20 or 30%. Probably easier to do in Vivesa than Lightroom or Photoshop. Then maybe subtly brightening the foreground and mid-ground. And maybe hold back the sharpening on the stupa (if that's what they are) and the near left rock, where there are halos.

Just as it is, though, it remains a magical image that makes you want to step into it and explore the buildings.

Hi Murray.

Point well made and I shall work on the image as suggested.
Thank you for taking the time to comment and the valuable suggestions.

Best regards.