• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Perfect Fall Day in MN.

Roger Lund

One of the last nice day's we had in Minnesota Last weekend. Taken in front of the house I grew up at, it used to be full of rushes as a kid. Canon Serenar 35mm 2.8 @ F8. Fuji X-E2. HDR.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
One of the last nice day's we had in Minnesota Last weekend. Taken in front of the house I grew up at, it used to be full of rushes as a kid. Canon Serenar 35mm 2.8 @ F8. Fuji X-E2. HDR.

Roger,

So, this is my first aquaintence with any vintage Canon Sironar lens. I love the ability to repurpose these forgotten optics. It's so wonderful that on can collect all sorts of focal lengths and find an adapter to routinely use them with a new body with a shorter focal distance.

I have a special carry case for an array of adapted minty Pentax, Canon FD, Contax Zeiss and East German optics bought for modest prices on eBay.

Here, the sensor is unlikely to over challenge the glass. But even on a 40 or 50 MP sensor, the sheer fun of working these older lenses is worthwhile and I doubt printing would suffer significantly!

The most important thing is to have the right lens for the job from the best vantage point!

Here you have done well.

But a question for you, Roger. Do you ever shoot overlapping fields in this circumstance to cover more of the landscape when you do not have a wider lens with you?

Asher