• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Two Trees - High Peak, Derbyshire '16

Paul Abbott

jacob_sladdertrees_1_of_1_1280.jpg

Two Trees - High Peak, Derbyshire '16 - Paul Abbott

Paul Abbott

Thanks, Tom. Thanks, Michael.
It was a very grim day here, the sun came through in short glancing rays but I was happy to capture this scene.

Andy brown

Paul, you clearly felt the scene.
Beautifully done.... I don't think the trees are lonely at all. More commanding if anything.

What I really do like here is the replication of composition you did recently where the movement was like a slowly falling pendulum. You've done it again, a falling feather...brilliant.

Paul Abbott

Thanks, Andy.

The peak district is a fine place for a landscape photographer, it has changeable light, elevation, windswept views, hilltops and knolls overlooking small valleys, and with all this the landscape in general can look like rippled fabric in certain areas. Also, one would be so surprised at how this landscape can change it's appearance from one view to the next...Looking at these trees from the opposite side it all looked a little nondescript but looking back? That's just what I did here. :)

Paul Abbott

Here is another shot of the same range of peaks, showing how impressive they can look from a different viewpoint, one that is higher up. The two trees in the above photograph can be seen in the bottom left corner of this image.

highpeakbrownknoll_1_of_1_1280.jpg

Brown Knoll - High Peak, Derbyshire '16 - Paul Abbott