• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Spring portraits

Dr Klaus Schmitt

32728556222_fb09661581_o.jpg

32840989126_88f49f174a_o.jpg

32039171334_663a8883fc_o.jpg

Shot using a russian Juipiter-9 f2 85mm (Sonnar clone)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

32039171334_663a8883fc_o.jpg

In the earliest days of Dpreview, I would cringe at seeing another cat picture done to prove the worth of a lens. This work, however demonstrates the worth of the cat, and that is much more significant. Character defines these elegant felines and that resonates with us as if they are haughty royalty that we cater to and who seem to tolerate us!

......and your lens works well too!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Yes, indeed it was about a lovely and very talkative cat with amazing eyes, as she seemed to complain to me about her owners letting her alone without food... ;-) Cat lovers like me read from her ears that she was in a good mood (would she be angry, her ears would have folded downwards) and actually we cuddled a lot...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

32728556222_fb09661581_o.jpg

Klaus,

I can see why you fell for a stranger's feline. This is one coy flirtatious spirit!

I am impressed that you can read cat emotions, while I only infer from what I know from photographing human women!

Still learning!

Asher