• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Burrowing Owl

Doug Herr

at sunset in Davis California
buowl10.jpg

equipment: Sony a7rII, Leica 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R, small tripod. All comments are welcome.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
at sunset in Davis California
buowl10.jpg

equipment: Sony a7rII, Leica 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R, small tripod. All comments are welcome.

Just enough detail to fully separate the well camouflaged owl from the background. What an amazing creature with its perfect 3D eyesight and ability to hear the mouse!

Why the yellow sclera? Any ideas?

Asher

Doug Herr

Just enough detail to fully separate the well camouflaged owl from the background. What an amazing creature with its perfect 3D eyesight and ability to hear the mouse!

Why the yellow sclera? Any ideas?

Asher

As far as I know the yellow is the iris. Crepuscular owls tend to have a yellow iris and the iris of more strictly nocturnal owls is typically dark.

K.Hannah

Now that is what I call a pissed off face :p lol How DARE the human do whatever the human did in that moment, great shot.