• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

DxO 4.0 to be released in September 06

Alain Briot

pro member
A major upgrade to Dx0 will be released in September. I have a summary of the main features on my site as well as a link to the official announcement. Just click on the link in my signature. I am very excited about seeing many of the requests I had for DxO implemented. I can't wait to try it out!

silica

I just purchased DxO three months ago. It will be interesting to see what the upgrade fee is going to be.

Alain Briot

pro member
I have no idea what the cost of the upgrade will be. But, as we all know, upgrading is a fact of life with the fast changing world of digital photography. There usually is a free upgrade period for recent purchases.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Alain
as far as I remember, buyers of V3.5 should have a free upgrade to V4 :)
Some more info here:
http://www.dxo.com/en/photo/v4/default.php
It seems they have worked a lot on the workflow/speed of processing and interface, cannot be bad!
They announce the delivery to be September 2006 for Windows, Mac, Macintel... let's cross fingers

Alain Briot

pro member
Nicolas Claris said:
Bonjour Alain
as far as I remember, buyers of V3.5 should have a free upgrade to V4 :)

That should make everybody happy :- )

I'll have a detailed review on my site when 4.0 is released. The interface looks very attractive. What a change from previous versions!

John Burkus

I have signed up for the beta version and can hardly wait. Currently I am using, among other things, Silkypix a great piece of software but with a very clunky workflow similar to the current version of DxO and Nikon's now replaced Capture.

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Good or Bad news ?

Well, it depends of when you have purchased your DXo software...
According to DXo http://store.dxo.com/
Customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro v3.5 after June 20, 2006 are eligible for a free upgrade to v4.
Let's hope for those like me that did purchase before June 20 that the upgrade won't be too expensive...

DxO V4 Beta is out

The V4 beta is out !
I managed to download it and try it a little on my work laptop, my first impression is that the status is something like the Lightroom beta 3 for windows at the moment. I'm trying to download it to my home computer right now but the server seems to be dead.

/Stefan H

John Burkus

Lots of features but they are hard to find because of the small print size on the screen.

The one major problem that is still there is that compared to,say, Silkypix or Bibble it is still very, very slow. Perhaps if one disengages the many auto features it will run faster.

The filing format takes getting used to and seems to want to leave it's trail everywhere.

More to come in the days ahead.

Well I was curious to see if the v4 Beta was more stable on the Mac than previous iterations that I never managed to get to function adequately on my system. Regretably, the beta is not available for the Mac OS, which I guess provides me with the same performance results as in earlier attempts to use the software.

French review DxO V4 beta

I found a French review of the V4 beta written by Francois Cuneo:
http://www.cuk.ch/articles.php?unique=1116
If you don't read French the article can be read with some problems if you paste the link into the altavista Babel Fish translate webpage function.

I agree on the conclusions in the article but using the beta adjusting color is problematic since the preview below 75% zoom is rough and for the beta the colormanagement for the display is missing.
To release the V4 early september as stated on the DxO webpage seems a bit optimistic.

/Stefan