• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

AOL Says Copyright Infringment OK!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Good sharp eyes catch the oncoming enemy!

Let's hope your call will not go unanswered!

Post when you answer and say what you write and the reactions!

Thanks Frank!

Asher

I've sent a personal letter to her, Posted this link on at least 10 major forums and sent letters to the editors of a number of the major photo mags around the country.

I'll let you know what comes back to me.

I urge all members out here to flood this ladies email box and AOL with letters of their dismay.

IF I get any response, I'll post it here.

Jeff O'Neil

Frank,

Unfortunately the link no longer works.

If you could post he text of the article and where to wrtie to this person it would be helpful.

Thanks

Jeff

Daniel Harrison

pro member
I would think that there are laws against the media suggesting copyright infringment (or any other breaking of the law), not that in this case we are talking about gross misconduct, but still it is encouraging breaking the law, why by CD's when you can just burn away :) Why not get together with 100 other friends and buy one copy of the class photo and duplicate away. These suggestions lead to even more copyright infringments.

Cory Silken

pro member
I think one might specifically mention in their letter that the article directly contradicts Smart Money.com's own terms and conditions (policies) page that Robert posted the link to...

Ray West

What is the problem, now?

Consider scanning your copy or email a cute digital shot you took yourself.

I read that as scanning your own digital photo now. Has the emphasis been chaged? Or is it something else?

Aol copyright notice seems to allow quite a bit of copying, in fact, unless commercially.

Best wishes,

Ray

Ray West said:
I read that as scanning your own digital photo now. Has the emphasis been chaged? Or is it something else?

Aol copyright notice seems to allow quite a bit of copying, in fact, unless commercially.

Best wishes,

Ray

Ray, If you read the intent of the whole paragraph is says, "buy the cheepest print you can and scan your copy" There is not problem with them taking their own image, the problem is getting one proof and scaning off for the whole world.

Daniel Harrison

pro member
I think that the English is fairly plain, "your copy" being the copy previously mentioned, which was the purchased copy - this is further emphasized by the wording "or email "A" cute digital shot you took yourself" differentiating itself from the previously mentioned "copy"