• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

blue bar on either side of prints

i've been getting a small blue band printing about an inch in on either side of my prints on an Epson 7900. The rest of the print looks good. 2008 Mac pro, Yosemite, PS latest. Any ideas how to address the issue appreciated.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
i've been getting a small blue band printing about an inch in on either side of my prints on an Epson 7900. The rest of the print looks good. 2008 Mac pro, Yosemite, PS latest. Any ideas how to address the issue appreciated.

Have you tried it on any other printer or tried to reprint an older picture that previously printed fine on the 7900?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Jim,

Another idea, can you preview the image as a PDF and see if that has the added blue bars. If so, then it's an encoding error. Otherwise it might be a corrupt printer driver.

Perhaps reinstall the drivers.

Asher

Asher, I fixed the blue bar problem by deleting all my printers, then following the directions on a fixit page that involved restarting in protected mode, typing into terminal to disable csrutil, restarting then reinstalling, then restarting in protected and enabling in terminal - all very un-mac like! I guess the blame rests on Epson for not updating drivers etc. to work with system updates (and I'm still running 10.11.6 on my old 2008 Mac Pro). Hopefully it will keep working correctly since my machine can't update to the latest system.

Asher Kelman

Thanks for the update, Jim. I was worried it was an OS X issue That might effect Canon printers too as software may leverage OS X core color functions. But, so far I have heard no other reports like this on Canon printers.

Asher