• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello, Everyone

BradleyGibson

I've been reading OPF for a short while now and am really impressed with the sense of community here. So I thought I'd stop lurking and say 'hi'. (And who knows, maybe even make myself useful! :))

About me...

I am Canadian based in Seattle, Washington. I've been shooting for a while now--seriously for about 15 years and about 10 of those professionally. I started with slide film, and on to digital about 7 years ago. Last summer I took the plunge and went medium format digital--crazy, I know! If any of you are considering taking the same plunge and would like to chat, let me know. I can share what I've learned which will hopefully help make your decisions easier.

I love travel, meeting people, and adventure. Recently, two photographer friends and I spent time shooting in India, doing everything from meeting interesting people to hiking in the Himalayas.

I suppose I should also mention that I'm a Senior Digital Imaging Program Manager for Microsoft. I am not here representing Microsoft, so please keep that in mind. My purpose here is to learn more about and share with others my passion for photography.

I'm passionate about making great art and helping others to do the same. To that end, I also teach digital imaging and run a small photographer's co-op at my home studio, where we retouch, print, matte and even make frames and glaze (cut glass) to create the final pieces of work. For those curious about my work, a sampling can be found at http://GibsonPhotographic.com.

Thank you for making this forum such an inviting community. I look forward to getting to know folks and sharing our mutual passion.

All the best everyone!

Kind regards,
Brad Gibson

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What a pleasure!

Bradley you have made some really fine photographs and we do need more MF shooters especially film! I hope you will post some of your images soon and let us know your equipment choices.

Asher

BradleyGibson

Thank you, everyone! It's a pleasure to be here!

Asher, I've been enjoying digital very much since my switch, so I do believe my film days are behind me...

See everyone in the forums--(especially medium format).

Warm regards,
Brad

Marcus Peddle

I would like to say welcome from one new member to another.
I also like medium format (I use a Contax 645) but I can't really afford to buy any more lenses and a medium format digital back is way beyond my budget. Still, my Nikon D300 is keeping me pretty happy.
I'm looking forward to seeing more beautiful photographs from you like the ones I saw on your website.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi both of you! There is no reason to turn one's back on film altogether. One can enjoy cheicken and have an occaisional omelette and then some roast beef. With cameras, each gives soimething different. If it's for work, then often the job and exact demands from the client may define what's needed to be competitive.

I went to a very high end wedding where each of the photographers carried two film cameras except the boss who also had one Canon 20D. Another high end wedding was shot with the lead using a Hasselblad for hte formal shots and Nikon Film for the rest.

Of course these photgraphers are exceptional. However, people do pay more for film sometimes! For me, I love to see people working in digital and film for artistic work as it provides a different esthetic and pace.

I'd love to see work from the Contax film camera. Do that and then I'll match the work with my Bronica!

Asher