• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Apple Elevated

Was playing around yesterday and thought I'd share.

appleelevated.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love the composition, Maggie.

It comes out a little light and thin for just the apple. You are in Prophoto RGB color space and we are in sRGB. However, I checked and that is not the cause of what I see.

Asher

I love the composition, Maggie.

It comes out a little light and thin for just the apple. You are in Prophoto RGB color space and we are in sRGB. However, I checked and that is not the cause of what I see.

Asher

It is possible that I need to re-calibrate my monitor. It usually is calibrated for printing, but I have just installed Windows 10 on a new drive and have not done a monitor calibration with this. Everything needs working on. I was actually going to post this yesterday, but had to install an FTP client.

So, either it's too light (for real) or your monitor is. I won't know right away. When I have re-done the calibration, because I don't have a spider, and follow a bunch of tests to make sure, I will switch it out if I have to. Thanks :) Maggie

Actually, after checking I see that the monitor calibration is fine. What I did find though, was that my neighbor had brought me a bag of apples from Quebec that she had picked and there were more than one kind. I used this one as it was the only one with a leaf attached. The color on it is very light. A lot lighter than you would expect an apple to be (although very tasty - I made an apple pie and it was just so delicious).

What I did though, was take the image and selectively multiply the apple, to deepen its color a bit. I didn't want it quite as dark as the one you had sent me a message with as I felt the shadows were too dark, but this should be better as it gives the apple a richer tone. You may need to refresh the page to see the difference, as I uploaded it to my server and overwrote what was already there.

Andy brown

Maggie, you have the most remarkable ability to take simple things and make them extraordinary. Remarkable really!

Maggie, you have the most remarkable ability to take simple things and make them extraordinary. Remarkable really!

That's very kind to say, Andy, and pleases me a lot because that is what I am trying to get people to appreciate. The beauty that is in our everyday lives. I know some people don't like it because it's feminine and it's pretty and that's not very popular and not what most would consider art. And I've tried to be that someone else, and not only did I not like the work as it wasn't good, in my opinion and I wasn't enjoying myself.

Raspberries and flowers from my garden, regular fruit from the market that will then be eaten, my mom's old porcelain cups, and regular fallen leaves. They are my props and my muses. If you think they look extraordinary, then that pleases me no end. Thank you so much; you've made my day. And if you knew what kind of day I had (let's just say I had gotten myself in quite the pickle), then you know you've done an extraordinary thing. :) Maggie

Jarmo Juntunen

I know some people don't like it because it's feminine and it's pretty and that's not very popular and not what most would consider art. And I've tried to be that someone else, and not only did I not like the work as it wasn't good, in my opinion and I wasn't enjoying myself.

Raspberries and flowers from my garden, regular fruit from the market that will then be eaten, my mom's old porcelain cups, and regular fallen leaves. They are my props and my muses. If you think they look extraordinary, then that pleases me no end.

Now did I ever tell you I'm a huge fan of yours? Well I am. Both for the philosophy you put in words here and for the resulting photos.

Now did I ever tell you I'm a huge fan of yours? Well I am. Both for the philosophy you put in words here and for the resulting photos.

Thank you so much, Jarmo! I did not know this and I find it very kind of you to say. I also enjoy your work tremendously! I would have answered earlier, but for over a week, I ' ve had computer issues, and I am hopeful that all is now (or almost all) resolved. :) Maggie

Jerome Marot

I am a bit late to that party, but I like that image very much. You always have a gift for colours.

That's very kind to say, Andy, and pleases me a lot because that is what I am trying to get people to appreciate. The beauty that is in our everyday lives. I know some people don't like it because it's feminine and it's pretty and that's not very popular and not what most would consider art.

Probably, they are just jealous.?

Thank you so much, Jerome - so very kind to say.

I've been a bit amiss around these parts, but I have had two exhibitions in my town. One that finishes this Sunday; the vernissage was on the 25th of October, and the work shown all of November until December 3rd.

I also took part in another small exhibition which will shown at the town hall until the end of January.

After that, I had the odd idea that I'd make myself a beautiful red wool coat for this winter. Something very classical and I thought it would be easy.. oooh, lala, it's been a lesson in being humble as I think I needed to learn some tailoring skills first. It's been a bit tortuous, but I'm learning a lot especially starting things over and over.

I will need to get back here soon to see what everyone has been up too, you included, of course!

:)
Maggie