• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi folks

QiHui Zhang

I am originally from China mainland, I landed into Boston, MA at 2003. I owned a very old film camera before I really into photography in 2005. Canon 30D and a sidekick Canon SD700 IS are my main toys lately.
Last week I got an new 70-200mm f/4 L USM lens and it happened to be a bait to know about OPF, the story is that when I first time tried my new lens at Boston ICA yesterday, Asher showed up with his Canon 5D and told me about OPF, nice meeting!

I mainly post my photos at flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/qihuizhang/, meanwhile I maintain my chinese blog that hosts some pictures as well. I'm interested in landscape, portraits, and pictures post-processes with PS, Lightrooms and etc.

hope I can learn whatever about photography here, and share my tips. looking forward to meeting photographers here and maybe hang out taking pictures around Boston area?!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
chinois.gif

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
QiHui,

I seem to have missed welcoming you! I have just visited your Flikr gallery of Boston. It seems like some pictures were taken by the Charles River?

The trees and flowers are magnificent. I like your use of limited depth of focus in the tulip pictures. So fine, the flowers and tree are great. However, something else seems to distinguish your work and I have not yet got a hang of it. I see it in the many pictures of the outside of buildings showing flower boxes, light reflecting on windows an d textures of different stone. You do seem to choose a characteristic of light on buildings that seems to be present in a lot of pictures. I may be reflecting on something very simple like you only take pictures after 5 pm or something equally banal.

Anyway, welcome if I didn't express it elsewhere and if I did, then a double welcome! I hope your pictures will get posted so we can discuss them!

Asher