• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: No, I said.

fahim mohammed

Let's go together, she said.

Fine. How long is the trip?, I asked.

Hmm..11 hrs non-stop, then transit for 10 hrs.

Stop, I said. I ain't going.

We can check in to a hotel. Rest and catch the other flight. Said as if it was a 15 min. trip.

And the next flight? How long? 10 hrs. Non-Stop.

That's already 31 hours of travel time. And then what?

2.5 hours at the airport, transit. And the third flight!! A short flight. Just 2 hours.

35.5 hours was never on for me. So she went alone. The first flight was delayed. 1 hour.

Why, I had asked. Why do you do photography?, she had replied.

Silence, from me.

For this she had said!!

p1894829741-6.jpg

( of course I saw this later!! )

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Let's go together, she said.

Fine. How long is the trip?, I asked.

Hmm..11 hrs non-stop, then transit for 10 hrs.

Stop, I said. I ain't going.

We can check in to a hotel. Rest and catch the other flight. Said as if it was a 15 min. trip.

And the next flight? How long? 10 hrs. Non-Stop.

That's already 31 hours of travel time. And then what?

2.5 hours at the airport, transit. And the third flight!! A short flight. Just 2 hours.

35.5 hours was never on for me. So she went alone. The first flight was delayed. 1 hour.

Why, I had asked. Why do you do photography?, she had replied.

Silence, from me.

For this she had said!!

p1894829741-6.jpg

( of course I saw this later!! )

A wonderful story!

Tell us about that medallion.

On a much smaller scale, I sit here today at my computer while Carla and our two friends from Netherlands explore the lava flow (not current but fairly recent in the geological perspective) about an hour north of here!

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Hi Doug.

Lava flows. That must be very nice. And a 1 hour drive is something I would enjoy.

Anyways, on the 12th I received an iPhone snap. And a message.

Lovely, helpful people. Very nice hotel staff. Went out of their way to help her; confirm a few reservations.

Helped her get the right kind of food and all that. Very nice indeed. This was followed by the hotel manager's name; in case it was needed.

p2057019690-6.jpg

1 day of rest. Then...

James Lemon

Sounds like she is a great travel planer Fahim but I just could not image a being in a plane for such a long period of time.

Antonio Correia

As you all know, my wife and myself we make some trips. Many to India yes... LOL

It is very common to get 10 hours flights may be more, sometimes.

Once, going where I do not remember anymore - far away sure - I started the watch closing the door of my house. At the arrival at the hotel, 24 hours had just passed.

:)

fahim mohammed

10 hrs. is loooong for me, Antonio.

Anyways, she has changed her booking for the return flight home.

Emirates. Non-stop to Dubai. About 17 hrs.

Thanks.

As you all know, my wife and myself we make some trips. Many to India yes... LOL

It is very common to get 10 hours flights may be more, sometimes.

Once, going where I do not remember anymore - far away sure - I started the watch closing the door of my house. At the arrival at the hotel, 24 hours had just passed.

:)

fahim mohammed

She went to New Zealand to participate in the 40 km. Full Marathon.

she completed it!! She was not looking for any ranking. But to see if she could finish it. She did. Ahead of
most others in her age group and those much younger, who failed to complete.

p2116678148-5.jpg

You can read about the race HERE

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

She went to New Zealand to participate in the 40 km. Full Marathon.

she completed it!! She was not looking for any ranking. But to see if she could finish it. She did. Ahead of
most others in her age group and those much younger, who failed to complete.

p2116678148-5.jpg

You can read about the race HERE

Fabulous!

And a precious pic!

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Hello Doug.

Thanks a bunch pal!

The image being posted now, and some others that might follow, were not taken by or Ayesha. ( but we own the copyrights for copying or publishing the images in any format and in any medium ).

One can't run with the hare ( fox ) and hunt with the hounds..can one? :)

p1998358489-6.jpg

Hi, Fahim,

Fabulous!

And a precious pic!

Best regards,

Doug