• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Model A as an artform.......

Jim Galli

JuneLake_3ss.jpg

june lake #3

Done with a soft focus lens on 6.5X8.5 inch film

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
JuneLake_3ss.jpg

june lake #3

Done with a soft focus lens on 6.5X8.5 inch film

Jim,

I do admire the idea of assembly lines that made such beautiful machines. The car has enough curves to soften is boxy form. But still it's a geometric creation that stands out in the world of stochastically generated clusters of leaves on the irregular branches of the trees. So you have made something that has balance between the two forms, natural and man-made, so much so that they seem to belong together. The soft lens helps to bring about this gentle marriage the two: the plant that moves at the whim of nature and the car at the hand of man!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

A lovely photograph Jim, thanks for sharing. Did you use any filters to make those plants shine like that? I presume that this is the same '29 Ford Roadster you have also shown here?

Jim Galli

Jim,

I do admire the idea of assembly lines that made such beautiful machines. The car has enough curves to soften is boxy form. But still it's a geometric creation that stands out in the world of stochastically generated clusters of leaves on the irregular branches of the trees. So you have made something that has balance between the two forms, natural and man-made, so much so that they seem to belong together. The soft lens helps to bring about this gentle marriage the two: the plant that moves at the whim of nature and the car at the hand of man!

Asher

Thanks Asher.

A lovely photograph Jim, thanks for sharing. Did you use any filters to make those plants shine like that? I presume that this is the same '29 Ford Roadster you have also shown here?

Yes, same car, same day. The aberrations in the 105 year old wide angle lens provide the sparkles without any extra filters. The manufacturer meant for the lens to be used stopped well down. I poked the aperture out of it, and use it "uncorked".

Jim Galli

Gundlach Hyperion

WindsheildBugsHyperion14f4s.jpg

buggy windshield

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or............

Jim Galli

Give me ethereal every single day of the week! Jim, you're my hero.

Oh and clean your windscreen :)

Thanks! Mutual sir.

Funny story about the windshield. I was driving over to June Lake, about 120 mile drive. I kept getting bees in the car. Thinking to myself, the only thing this car is good for is catching BEE's. They were on the floor, on the seat, trying to sting me, etc.

When I got to the bug station at the California border, the lady was wearing a beekeepers screen and gloves. I said, 'what the heck??' To which she pointed to 5 giant truck / trailers, bee haulers all.

I pulled out in front of the bee trucks, and problem solved.

Mark Hampton

WindsheildBugsHyperion14f4s.jpg

buggy windshield

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or............

It just is Jim..

beautiful..

thanks for posting this - oh I like the glass like that - one of my hobbies is to make images of glass!