• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

published! Millions of views!

Daniel Harrison

pro member
Hi everyone,
We just had an electoin here in the State of Victoria and I was the photographer for the Family First Party. We run a great campaign for a first time party and got a good chunk of the primary vote.

A really rare event happened however as one of our candiates was beaten at a polling booth. To my suprise my photo of him is on the front page of the heraldsun.com.au and theAge.com.au - the biggest newsgroups in Australia (melbourne at least).

you can see it at www.heraldsun.com.au or www.theage.com.au below is a screenshot.

It is pretty terrible that such a thing should happen in Australia
herladsunweb.jpg

Mike Funnell

I just read the article in The Age. While I can't say I have any time for the Family First party, I am disgusted at the multiple acts of thuggery described. These matters should be resolved by the votes made inside the polling booth, not by morons acting violently outside. I hope that the police investigation is thorough, and that those responsible are charged under every possible law (including the Electoral Act, if that's possible). However, I am sufficiently cynical that I wonder just how much effort will be put into the investigation if the results may embarass the Labor government (as union involvement, suggested in the article, certainly might). The deal struck between the ALP and the police, on the eve of the election, doesn't build my confidence.

Congrats on the use of your photo, though, despite the nasty circumstances.

...Mike

Mary Bull

Daniel, congratulations on the use of your photo.

I went to the link, but I couldn't spot it--the paper has already changed its front page to Monday, November 27, and I couldn't find a follow-up article there.

So thanks for embedding the screenshot, here.

Did the paper give you credit for the photo?

I hope so.

Mary

Daniel Harrison

pro member
Hi Mike,
Good to see a fellow Aussie around! Yeah the circumstances are a bit disturbing I agree, quite a strange event. I wonder if a by election is required? That would make it doubley interesting!